Any 3d or just not this 3d ?

sundown57

Legendary member
Ok, guys, I'm just about to pull the trigger on this one. Did my homework seems a good buy? but before I go for it can you guys tell me if there is any reason I don't want to do this? Also, anyone know about the software on this particular machine? Like if I need help do you guys know how to help me with it. If not this print what one would you all suggest.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ANYCUBIC-I...371853?hash=item3d50e7c60d:g:dQgAAOSwbllcgOzF

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Ok, guys, I'm just about to pull the trigger on this one. Did my homework seems a good buy? but before I go for it can you guys tell me if there is any reason I don't want to do this? Also, anyone know about the software on this particular machine? Like if I need help do you guys know how to help me with it. If not this print what one would you all suggest.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ANYCUBIC-I...371853?hash=item3d50e7c60d:g:dQgAAOSwbllcgOzF
Ha - you posted this while I posted mine:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Two is better than 2 though, right?!

kilroy07

Legendary member
The anycubic and ender 3 are neck and neck. The ender might edge it out in ease of upgrading and I like the motion system. But the anycubic takes the lead in ease of set up (you have to assemble the ender).

Both probably wouldn’t hurt to have a couple of easy tweaks to them and then they become solid workhorse printers (or gateway drug, take your pick.)

jpot1

Elite member
I’m looking at the ender3 pro. Saw one on eBay under 200 yesterday. @daxian did you have to do any mods to get going? I too am looking for FT related prints for motor mounts, horns, tail skids.

Oh wow just reread the above and fixed the word to mods!

Last edited:

Turbojoe

Elite member
LOL. I just posted to the other thread and then saw the link to this one. Thought I'd post it here too to show my support for the Ender 3.

[My daughter bought the Creality Ender 3 from Amazon LINK last year and it's still here at my house. I'm almost through my second spool of PLA filament and it's still running great. I'm getting better with TinkerCad and have been designing a few things already. Once I learn a more advanced CAD then the fun will really begin. If this one breaks or my daughter finally takes it away from me I'll definitely buy another Ender 3.

I'd be hesitant to buy something like this from eBay. If it's damaged in shipping or defective the return shipping cost alone would be a wallet eater. Plus how good will the customer service be if it even exists? Love 'em or hate 'em but nobody beats Amazon for customer service.]

Joe

daxian

Elite member
@jpot1 ...only drawback is the build ..but its easy to do and lots of utubers help out there ..really well packaged so transit not really a problem ...took about an hour to put it together .
only had one problem in six months of use ..one adjustable roller worked loose and threw out the level ...
cant fault the product at all .

sundown57

Legendary member
Yeah I hear you but this seller is one town over from me so I’m hoping to avoid any issues by picking up if possible.
that's the other reason I asked about the anycubic i3 mega ultrabase. There is one on craigslist not far from me. Suppose to be like new and he will demonstrate. comes with 1 roll of PLA and 1 of ABS. it also has an upgraded power safety MOSFET boards installed. I can buy it all for $125.00

sundown57

Legendary member
i bought the ender 3 ...depends what you want to do with it ,i suppose !!
definatley a hobby in its own right, but is well worth it .
mine makes a lot of control horns,motor mounts (pods)servo mounting trays ...and other stuff ...the list is endless.
that's probably all I will do with it is make small parts for the planes. I'm thinking if I get enough use out of this one to want a larger one then it paid for its self. lol

Wildthing

Legendary member
There is another one from the same seller on ebay about 19.00 less and it looks the same. Printer looks good to me , looks like a solid frame.