Any 3d or just not this 3d ?

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Tubby torture test! I know why it's called a torture test. There's enough infill for a landfill, and the level of detail is pretty amazing. Rope details along the top of the hull, the anchor holes and the back window. The roof is corrugated and there's three levels of inset on the sides. It took me a while to realize that there's a name in the back of the boat and a steering wheel inside!

20191216_025136.jpg

I've got just a wee bit of blemish where the curve of the bow meets the straight part, on one side. It's only noticeable if you're looking for that kind of thing. Tubby is pretty near perfect. I'm happy as a fat a$$ bug in a really thick rug! The hard part is going to be not setting up something else to print, because I've got to go to bed! :p

Wildthing

Legendary member
Ok. I didn't fly today. Actual Santa happened!

View attachment 151047

Yep. Ender 3 Pro! Have you got goosebumps, yet? I do!

Then this happened.

View attachment 151048

My first 3d print! Whoots! It's the base of a spinner. Leveling the bed was a biatch. I had a few aborted prints. Once It was right though?

View attachment 151049 View attachment 151050
The lighting is bad. I'll try to get better pics. Everything is perfect except for some flash at the base of the screw holes on the cone. Maybe a little drift on the outside of the nose, It's got a flat spot here and there.

Overall? Pretty darn, goshing, you betcha, kick a$$ good for a printer I didn't even know I was getting yesterday! Santa not only loves me, he knows me and he came through for the best Christmas present I've received in many, many years! Now where's that wee tugboat file.... :cool:

Awesome, another one into the plastic dark side. :)

sundown57

Legendary member
Tubby torture test! I know why it's called a torture test. There's enough infill for a landfill, and the level of detail is pretty amazing. Rope details along the top of the hull, the anchor holes and the back window. The roof is corrugated and there's three levels of inset on the sides. It took me a while to realize that there's a name in the back of the boat and a steering wheel inside!

View attachment 151054

I've got just a wee bit of blemish where the curve of the bow meets the straight part, on one side. It's only noticeable if you're looking for that kind of thing. Tubby is pretty near perfect. I'm happy as a fat a$$ bug in a really thick rug! The hard part is going to be not setting up something else to print, because I've got to go to bed! :p
I belong to a RC Plane forum. All about planes and flying. Modeling Planes, building planes, flying planes. ( I got it I'll print a boat )

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Well, i did it. I broke down and ordered a printer. I am weak, and you lot are a terrible influence :)
Man, you don't even know! So I've got this printer, and I'm trying to conserve filament. I just can't stand for it be there, sitting idle! So I'm printing this.

1576565607281.png

Looks like a mess, right? I'm going to spend the next three and half hours watching that mess take the shape of a robot that's going to do nothing at all, but sit on my desk. And, I'm excited about it! :LOL:

What printer did you pull the trigger on?

Zetoyoc

Elite member
Man, you don't even know! So I've got this printer, and I'm trying to conserve filament. I just can't stand for it be there, sitting idle! So I'm printing this.

View attachment 151247
Looks like a mess, right? I'm going to spend the next three and half hours watching that mess take the shape of a robot that's going to do nothing at all, but sit on my desk. And, I'm excited about it! :LOL:

after looking as a few on craigslist and the like my wife convinced me to get a new ender 3. probably so i cant blame all my mistakes and headaches on the fact it must be a used pos. lol

Wildthing

Legendary member

View attachment 151247

1st, order more filament, 2nd get a big box for all the "why the heck did I print all this useless crap for" because you just don't want it to stop printing. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oh, and you look at the clock and say it's bedtime already, I just got up an hour or two ago, I think. :)

Last edited:

Zetoyoc

Elite member
1st, order more filament, 2nd get a big box for all the "why the heck did I print all this useless crap for" box all because you just don't want it to stop printing. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oh, and you look at the clock and say it's bedtime already, I just got up an hour or two ago, I think. :)
That sounds about right. I am sure I may accidently see a few sunrises by getting absorbed in the project. I'll have to look back up and see what filaments people recommended. I am sure it was stated. And a big box huh. I can't just put it all on shelves for the cats to knock down?