Any 3d or just not this 3d ?

Wildthing

Legendary member
Motor showed up for the Fox glider so it is in, still waiting on the slim wing servos to complete the assembly :)

2020_0213_144212_001.JPG
2020_0213_144221_002.JPG

Wildthing

Legendary member
@Wildthing - this one will be a sweet ride! :D Did you opt for additional CF reinforcement?
On this I just went by the book . I may need to look at one of your glider mixes for the Jumper. Hoping to do it on a 6 channel rx and I think if I use a servo reverser for one flap servo and then just Y them together rx is full.

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
Personally I see no attraction to sitting out in the middle of a frozen lake fishing even though some of these shacks are like a little house with everything in it.

Well, let's compare that to my day.
At 8 am yesterday while trying to trim some PLA on the tail of the shark, I slipped with the X-acto
knife and actually drove it about an inch into my thumb managing to send it right through the joint and out the other side. by 5 pm my thumb was about the size of a baseball. So off to the ER. Spent a good 7 hours there hooked up to IV antibiotics. Finally talked them into letting me go home for the night but only with the understanding I would go back this morning for another round of IV, Turns out I contracted a fast-moving infection and now they are worried about a Joint infection so may end up being admitted today. I think I might like ice fishing more than building planes.. Just a thought.

Man! Sorry this happened to you! Hope you recover fast!

Did the blade really go all the way through your thumb?!?!?!

sundown57

Legendary member
Man! Sorry this happened to you! Hope you recover fast!

Did the blade really go all the way through your thumb?!?!?!
I somehow managed to slide it through the joint where the thumb meets the hand. X-rays shows where I scraped the bone inside the joint. that's why they are so afraid of what's called a ( joint infection). Guess that's worse than just a regular one. the blade is only about an inch long but, oh yeah I buried it right to the handle. And I thought props were dangerous lol.

Wildthing

Legendary member
I somehow managed to slide it through the joint where the thumb meets the hand. X-rays shows where I scraped the bone inside the joint. that's why they are so afraid of what's called a ( joint infection). Guess that's worse than just a regular one. the blade is only about an inch long but, oh yeah I buried it right to the handle. And I thought props were dangerous lol.
How old is your daughter? , actually don't matter, give her a high five from me :love:

Wildthing

Legendary member
I haven't. My printer is at my dads
You could try loading up a file and see what it does.

I believe that is the same Spitfire files I have but mine were the ones right from 3Dlabprint and looking at it their instruction link is to 3Dlabprint and those are the same ones I have. I have all the G-code plus STL files and Cura print settings .

OliverW

Legendary member
You could try loading up a file and see what it does.

I believe that is the same Spitfire files I have but mine were the ones right from 3Dlabprint and looking at it their instruction link is to 3Dlabprint and those are the same ones I have. I have all the G-code plus STL files and Cura print settings .
Awesome! I just need to fix my over extrusion, and tighten my belt so I can print now. It should only take me 20 minutes at most

Wildthing

Legendary member
Lately been playing with the stainless steel nozzles and a couple days ago tried the titanium too, well both to get layer adhesion you have to print up in the 230 range no matter what. Even on bottom layers I could peel the layers apart when trying to print at 210. Not sure if they just don't give good heat transfer through the nozzle but I put a brass nozzle back on and with the same g code I printed the part at 210 and it came out perfect. Whether it is my type of hot end style or what I would say don't bother trying them.

sundown57

Legendary member
Lately been playing with the stainless steel nozzles and a couple days ago tried the titanium too, well both to get layer adhesion you have to print up in the 230 range no matter what. Even on bottom layers I could peel the layers apart when trying to print at 210. Not sure if they just don't give good heat transfer through the nozzle but I put a brass nozzle back on and with the same g code I printed the part at 210 and it came out perfect. Whether it is my type of hot end style or what I would say don't bother trying them.
exact same thing I had when I bought my all-metal hot end with stainless steel nozzle. Only I didn't know to up the temp so I took it off and went back to the original hot end with the brass nozzle.