Any FT fanatics here in central FL.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Florida? Yes. Central? No.

Wedged up here in the panhandle, just west of Panama City.

srfnmnk

Hey there, I'm in Jacksonville right now but will be in the Naples area soon. Where is central FL?

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Captian,

there's a group that meets out on a field NNW of SantaFe CC on the weekends, usually in the evenings -- a pirate group, but a good group of guys. Flown there a couple of times after I chanced to see a Trojan leap over the treeline while driving on NW 39th.

A few are FT fans . . . a few were after I left ;)

BTW, Welcome to the forum!

bitogre

Florida? Yes. Central? No

I'm in the south near Ft. Lauderdale. Sounds like you got a lot of FT fans surrounding you but none near you. If you ever decide to organize something worth traveling, let me know. I come up there on a regular basis and I'd be happy to attend a full day flying event/meetup with enough warning for me to make the arrangements needed to attend.

Grife

Titusville/Orlando here. There seems to be a lot of flyers in central FL, but I very rarely encounter any, and don't know of any FPV clubs.. Im thinking of starting an Orlando/Space coast FPV Meetup group soon.

Last edited:

DDSFlyer

I'm moving to apopka area next month. Will be rebuilding my fleet when I get there, sold a couple of my scratch builds and possibly some more planes before I go. Have never been to an official field but will look at the big one in apopka and probably fly in more abandoned or backyard areas.good to meet up with some people and find out where places are to fly

MADJRFL

APOPKA/ORLANDO Flite Test fan(s)

APOPKA "The Indoor Foliage Capital of the World" checking in.
I have established my own little airfield at the stables where I have some horses. Couple of acres surrounded by greenhouses. Plenty of space to fly my scratch builds & my Radian. In the Central FL i.e. Orlando there is one actual RC Plane airfield and that is
http://rcacf.com/
203 W Keene Rd
Apopka, FL 32703

I have never been there, but I hear it is nice. Maybe I should spend the two dollars to join the club but I have a nice spot one mile from my house so I have never gone. If I show up there with my scratch builds and Radian I might get chased off, but if you are new to the area it might be worth checking out. They have a landing strip and they seem really serious.

LOCAL RC SHOPS:
Graves R/C Hobbies
4814 N. Orange Blossom Trail
Orlando, FL 32810
(407)294-5699
http://www.gravesrc.com

&

Colonial Photo & Hobby
634 North Mills Avenue
Orlando, FL 32803
(407)841-1485
http://www.colonialphotohobby.com

There are more, but seriously Graves RC has everything, I mean EVERYTHING. Their ceiling is nothing but planes. Whole room just Helis and another for RC cars.
As far as I know this is the central FL RC community. Let me know if you want to fly in my area.

DDSFlyer

Yeah that's the field I was thinking of. When I was there a couple of months ago I saw a huge turbine jet flying from the freeway adjacent to the field. It looked awesome! Who knows what they'll think of the foamies and scratch builds or even FPV but might check them out. Or just other areas to fly. Sounds like you've got a great setup though

wilanz

I'm in Stuart,FL. (Just north of West Palm Beach). There's are nice fields and clubs near me. I also like to travel to other fields from miami to Sebastian. I'm flying Fpv raptor, Sukhoi, carbon z cub and 200qx quad. I like Fpv on all my toys. I've met and flown with other FT fans. Haven't built anything yet but have flown a FT flyer and TriCopter.

Let's try to meet up soon to scout a place for a Florida Flite Fest winter event. From the last podcast they mentioned coming south to warmer states for events.

If you are in my area and want to meet up contact me at wilanz@gmail.com or 561-351-1376

wilanz

APOPKA "The Indoor Foliage Capital of the World" checking in.
I have established my own little airfield at the stables where I have some horses. Couple of acres surrounded by greenhouses. Plenty of space to fly my scratch builds & my Radian. In the Central FL i.e. Orlando there is one actual RC Plane airfield and that is
http://rcacf.com/
203 W Keene Rd
Apopka, FL 32703

I have never been there, but I hear it is nice. Maybe I should spend the two dollars to join the club but I have a nice spot one mile from my house so I have never gone. If I show up there with my scratch builds and Radian I might get chased off, but if you are new to the area it might be worth checking out. They have a landing strip and they seem really serious.

That's a great program for Junior flyers. $2 to join and fly! Looks like a nice field but limited for FPV with their boundaries. Only about 1,500' in any direction makes for lots of turns. I would like to check out the field next time I drive by Orlando. That club house with A/C would be nice between flights

jamieFL

Gainesville, FL here. I've flown at that field at Santa Fe College. It is a nice field and we are fortunate that the college allows us to fly there. I've never had the fortune of flying with anyone else; although I've seen others fly there. Anyone want to set up a fly date there, let me know.

BabyBrit

Fly jacRC
I'm in the west Orlando area. My buddy and I are getting back into the hobby with a couple of old speedsters, looking soon for a good location as soon as we are finished building.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Gainesville, FL here. I've flown at that field at Santa Fe College. It is a nice field and we are fortunate that the college allows us to fly there. I've never had the fortune of flying with anyone else; although I've seen others fly there. Anyone want to set up a fly date there, let me know.

Jamie, I'd love to . . . but won't be 'till Thanksgiving :p