Any FT fanatics here in central FL.

shanecfi

tampa area

I am here at our condo for a few weeks. Bitter cold in N. E. Ohio now. Go BUCKS btw ! Can anyone tell me about any of the hobby shops in the Oldsmar area I can check out? Many thanks"

jayz 84

Posted a thousand or more times
I miss all the nice feilds there was to fly in central florida but i moved down to Stuart fl 2years ago. And theres not many spots down here. A few small clubs with small feilds. Me i have a nice big open spot all to myself to fly as fast as i plz ( housing development that never got built on right in the middle of nowhere just off the 95highway love it;) )

I'm new here. Central Florida, Saint Cloud area specifically.

I'm just getting into RC after following it since I was a little kid :)

Got a nano qx and a DX6i and I'm loving it. I plan to make a scratch build quad and then another with FPV by my birthday in May. I just have to convince my wife it's that present she wants to buy me!

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I'm getting close to my annual central FL trip where I drop my wife off at a camp at the north end of the Ocala National Forest, and I'm free to roam for several days on my own.

brian79cj

Sounds like there are a couple people near The Villages. Leesburg and Wildwood. I spend sometime there through the winter with friends. I've read in the local paper there about an airfield and a boat club. Anyone familiar?

BabyBrit

Fly jacRC
Ive seen them host several fly in during the year in Aviation Monthly, however have never been. Fred, Im in the Orlando area and am flying recently with our local club. PM me, there maybe a way we could organize a small fly in if not local field/school etc.

DDSFlyer

Anybody going to the central Florida FPV meet? It's in leesburg. I won't be there on Friday but may try and see if there are vendors and deals there to buy a mini quad.

FPV meet this Friday?! I might have to make plans to attend. Is anyone else from here planning on attending? Maybe I'll order a FT shirt so I'm easily recognizable.

bitogre

Anybody going to the central Florida FPV meet? It's in leesburg. I won't be there on Friday but may try and see if there are vendors and deals there to buy a mini quad.

I wish I had known about it more than a week in advance. :( With more notice, I could make arrangements to attend from S. Florida. But my weekend is already booked with helping out at church.

It's in February. I read that as "this" Friday too.

I'd love to see a group of FT fans to meet up with. I'm thinking of bringing my oldest son (6) but want to make sure I'll have family friendly folks to hang out with.

DDSFlyer

Sorry for the confusion! Yeah it's at the end of FEBRUARY! Everyone should have some time to make plans. I already know I have plans on that Friday but I might be able to make it out on Saturday or Sunday

BankNYank!

Mentor
I'm not too far away (Wildwood) so I'm pretty sure I'll be there wearing a shirt to represent Flite Test and/or Rotor DR1.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I'm bummed about the meet. I'll be down there the weekend before, and I can't justify making that trip twice in so short a period

I'm bummed about the meet. I'll be down there the weekend before, and I can't justify making that trip twice in so short a period

I either will be available the same weekend as you or the same weekend as the meet (depends on when we plan my son's birthday party). Are you bringing your FPV gear with you? I need a crash course Q&A! I have a basic understanding of most things but I learn better by asking.