Any FT flyers near the Geneseo New york Area

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Hi guys I am getting back into RC flight and away from cars so I was wondering if anyone was near my area. I know there is an AMA club there but I kind of want to stay away from them for now for several reasons. 1 my first and last experience with an AMA club after becoming a member back in early 2000's was not a good one. I was not impressed with the guy who ran up screaming at a young kid doing a buddy box maiden like he was about to murder someone for not yelling he was taxiing when he was with one of their instructors.

I asked him why he was so brutal on a new flyer and scared him near out of his shoes and he told me out there he was GOD and what ever he wanted to do he would. I told him if he ever screamed at my son or me like that I would have to activate his dental plan, promptly thanked him for the experience and left. Secondly I was all geared up to go to the local Warbird flyin / airshow and hang with the local club to meet people but they publicly stated they wanted nothing to do with multi rotor and were not very happy with standard heli's being around them.

That being said I would still like to meet people who are into RC. Basically if it flips, fly's, floats or crawls I like it. I'm just too old and not into any drama for what ever reason. If someone is not being safe and intervention is required the level should fit the event not the total prison guard mentality that I saw with my first experience with organized flying. I will more then likely by summer save for a membership as the insurance is and more then likely become a must at some point by law.

Currently I am really getting into the FPV race quad thing and am kind of out growing the laps around my complex's play area thing. That and once good weather gets here I don't want to interfere with other people enjoying the common area even if it is used very rarely. I have got to meet several people in my complex that had that OH NOO a DRONE!! mentality and got to speak with them AND show them what the hobby really is and not what the media is saying it is because of stupid people. Even on cold days some of them sit on their porch or balconies and watch me practice or from a window. I have had several of the smaller kids do the OH LOOK and try to chase the quad which I automatically fly way above their reach and out of chase distance where I set it down and walk to retrieve it so I can show them and teach them why they should not do that whole run and chase thing. So far the parents have been really cool and enjoyed the discussions as well.

Anyway if you are in or near the Geneseo / Southern tier/ Finger lakes region maybe we could find a way to meet or at least talk shop on occasion to see what the local scene is turning out to be with the changes and such.