Any good EPP flying wing plans?

Palak.Sapra

Hello RC addicts!

I was looking around and trying to find any flying wings that I could build. I have a bunch of EPP and carbon fiber, so thats not the problem- however it would be nice to have a "beginner-ish" flying wing that i could chuck around. Any help would be much appreciated,

Happy Flying,

Palak

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
It's not EPP, but they can be VERY durable, and you can scale them to any size. I had a 5' one for FPV for a while, and I think I'll build another one fairly soon.

Some folks filled the leading edge with expanding foam, and made them nearly indestructible.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=497083&highlight=fff+wing

a780493-247-wing%20002A.jpg

Palak.Sapra

Hey Thanks Guys!
Much appreciate the welcome. Thanks for the links, will check them out once I get home.
@FlyingMonkey That looks awesome, but I would prefer the use of epp since i have a ton of it.

earthsciteach

You can use EPP just the same. You may have to change the construction techniques, but that won't alter the performance. That one looks very stable and should have a fairly wide cg range.

Palak.Sapra

I guess i could just reinforce it a bit more with CF. Looks crazy cool though! Problem now, is the only free motor I have laying around is a 24 gram 3000kv Hexatronic. That would be a bit overkill wouldn't it?

g828

Stickman
Sorry for jumping in late but...
an idea: how thick is your EPP foam?
I was thinking you could hot wire cut a wing out that you could pick certain specifications on like which airfoil to pick.

Palak.Sapra

6mm from RCfoam I believe. Pretty sure I would not be able to make a hot wire- I gots me student in school syndrome ;) I live in Dubai, so we do get foam that has paper on both sides but not sure if it is similar to $tree stuff.

earthsciteach

I guess i could just reinforce it a bit more with CF. Looks crazy cool though! Problem now, is the only free motor I have laying around is a 24 gram 3000kv Hexatronic. That would be a bit overkill wouldn't it?

Overkill on a flying wing? I've never heard such a preposterous idea! More is better! ;)

Sounds like you have the same thing as Dollar Tree foam core. You could build that wing exactly as the fan fold foam one is built.