Any help with electronics?

Andrew

G'day Mate
Another thought just came to me,
The TX could be in the wrong "Mode". Electronicly in one "Mode" and gimbals physically in the other "Mode", this would explain why you get no servo movement just like you describe in post #50.
To test this, plug the elevator servo into the elevator channel (#2).
Now if you move the throttle stick up and down does that move the elevator servo in plug #2 ???

Another thought just came to me,
The TX could be in the wrong "Mode". Electronicly in one "Mode" and gimbals physically in the other "Mode", this would explain why you get no servo movement just like you describe in post #50.
To test this, plug the elevator servo into the elevator channel (#2).
Now if you move the throttle stick up and down does that move the elevator servo in plug #2 ???
No, nothing I do with the servo plugged into any channel responds to any stick.

Andrew

G'day Mate
No, nothing I do with the servo plugged into any channel responds to any stick.
That is so strange, it should, it's like the Rx isn't bound BUT you say the the beeping stops when you switch off the Tx, it can only do that if the Rx is bound, this problem is very very strange.

That is so strange, it should, it's like the Rx isn't bound BUT you say the the beeping stops when you switch off the Tx, it can only do that if the Rx is bound, this problem is very very strange.
Not quite, a subtle detail: The beeping starts when I turn ON the TX. But when I turn off the TX, it continues forever.

Let me say that again. Powering up the RX with the transmitter off causes the RX to flash its LED. Then, turning on the TX causes the LED to go solid, and the beeping to start.

Andrew

G'day Mate
Not quite, a subtle detail: The beeping starts when I turn ON the TX. But when I turn off the TX, it continues forever.

Let me say that again. Powering up the RX with the transmitter off causes the RX to flash its LED. Then, turning on the TX causes the LED to go solid, and the beeping to start.
Sorry I missed read one of your post.
But you still must get servo movements on the other channels if it's bound but say the servos are not working , if you can't get the elevator, aileron and rudder servos working doubt if you will ever get the Esc/motor to work!

Sorry I missed read one of your post.
But you still must get servo movements on the other channels if it's bound but say your not, if you can't get the elevator, aileron and rudder servos working doubt if you will ever get the Esc/motor to work!
Yeah, I have no idea what's happening. The fact that the beeping starts only with TX power indicates that it's bound, but I can't get any type of servo response. I don't have any clue what to do. This doesn't add up.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
After starting to read the manual I would ask you to ensure that the trainer mode is Disabled. When selected the Tx control signals are removed and replaced with the trainer signals, (which would not exist in your case. It may not be the cause but it is something to check!

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, I have no idea what's happening. The fact that the beeping starts only with TX power indicates that it's bound, but I can't get any type of servo response. I don't have any clue what to do. This doesn't add up.
So does your Tx give you any warnings, like switch error or rate switch on or throttle not in low? My Tx will not do anything until you put all the switches in the correct position. My old 9x Tx wouldn’t do anything until you toggled the trainer switch, the long one on the right side.

Last edited:
So does your Tx give you any warnings, like switch error or rate switch on or throttle not in low? My Tx will not do anything until you put all the switches in the correct position. My old 9x Tx wouldn’t do anything until you toggled the trainer switch, the long one on the right side.
Yeah, pretty sure I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but at this point it's pretty long so can't blame you :)

What happens is:

All off. TX with switches in wrong spot and/or throttle not at minimum.
RX on. No beeps.
TX on. TX lists error messages (switches/throttle). No beeps.
Correction of errors. TX goes into normal operation. Beeps begin.

After starting to read the manual I would ask you to ensure that the trainer mode is Disabled. When selected the Tx control signals are removed and replaced with the trainer signals, (which would not exist in your case. It may not be the cause but it is something to check!
When I go into the Radio Setup menu and select Trainer, I get a display that shows Rud, Ele, Thr, and Ail. Each one says "Mode off, % 0, src CH1, sw ---". Below that it says Multiplier 1.0, and then "Cal 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0"

Is that what I want to be seeing?

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Does your Tx look like this? When you power up does it say Er9x?

1_18_11.jpg

Chappie66

What does the homepage on your TX look like? Can you post a picture?

The connections in the picture you provided page 1 would require PWM mode to function correctly.

In the manual at Chapter 6.4 it shows the MODEUAT setting. If that is set to PCM then further down at 6.7 (where I believe there a few typeos) make sure that is selected to PWM (I-bus or s-bus).

Just a thought because of the weird happenings going on with no servo control with a "bound" RX.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Yes and Yes.

Are you using the stock firmware or did you hack your Tx? I took a look at the 9x manual, to me it looks like the old 9x firmware not Er9x.
Are you using PPM or PWM?

My Turnigy 9xr Pro came with Er9x as stock.

Are you using the stock firmware or did you hack your Tx? I took a look at the 9x manual, to me it looks like the old 9x firmware not Er9x.
Are you using PPM or PWM?
I reflashed the stock firmware to be ER9X rather than the limited proprietary software. As far as I'm aware, I'm using PWM.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I reflashed the stock firmware to be ER9X rather than the limited proprietary software. As far as I'm aware, I'm using PWM.

So do they come ready to be flashed now? Or do you have to do the solder the pins thing like we did with the old ones?

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
How do I do that? Can't seem to find PWM in any menus.

My version of Er9x is different than yours, I’m running ersky 9x-r221, released 2-19-2018. It’s the version that supports the 4 in 1 multi protocol module I have.

I think on yours it will be, model setup>protocol >internal, when you check enable, you’ll get another menu, PPM will be the default, change it to PWM.

Last edited: