Any idea when the Edge 540 will be back in stock?

Kbat11700

I recently retired an old park zone p-51 and have decided to get a edge 540 as the adopter of it's electronics.

Anyway, as of Saturday (2 days ago) the maker foam version was out of stock, and the brown foam version was available "in limited quantities." Well today I tried to order and unfortunately, the brown foam version is completely gone and the maker foam version is still out of stock.

Anyone have any idea when any version of the edge 540 will be back in stock? If not for a while, I'll probably just get something else like the racer or master series corsair.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
If you have your own foam on hand there are free plans so you can cut it all yourself. I did that and it turned out pretty good. The two things to remember is to reinforce the motor mount as tyhat is the weak point of the build. Second is the cowl is the hardest most complicated piece to fabricate accurately. Its a challenge to do that way but well rewarding to the ego when you have it complete and reasonably resembling a kit hehe. 20180920_154218.jpg

Kbat11700

If you have your own foam on hand there are free plans so you can cut it all yourself. I did that and it turned out pretty good. The two things to remember is to reinforce the motor mount as tyhat is the weak point of the build. Second is the cowl is the hardest most complicated piece to fabricate accurately. Its a challenge to do that way but well rewarding to the ego when you have it complete and reasonably resembling a kit hehe. View attachment 173862

I have scratch built a couple and just hate the cutting part. Id rather get something else that can be pre cut.

Kbat11700

Check with your LHS - they might have one in stock.

I did, unfortunately they do not.

I contacted flite test store and they told me they expect the next order on July 20th. So I think I will just get something else.

Suggestions on what else to get? I cannot stand swapables so I either need something not swapable, or can have the pod easily glued in and still have battery access. Ideally wanted a 3d plane that I could fly in a more sport flying fashion but alas, it is not to be.

Last edited:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
The sportster is supposed to be a good sport flyer, but I haven't built one yet so I can't really confirm. I've done the FT-3D and it's a great sport/3D plane.