Help! Any one ever build bf109 Messerschmitt mighty mini? I’m having trouble figuring out assembling it correctly??

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Whilst I have not done a mini 109 I have built a lot of FT inclufing Minis - all from scratch.

I may be able to help so I ask where are you stuck?

Have fun!

Idahomoe

The plans I am building off of are from FT member local feind.
I have the fuselage, wings,elevator and h. Stabilizer built. All that stuff is leftover are the formers and decks and hatch pieces.
I attached the plans I am using. Thanks
Scott, aka idahomoe

Attachments

• Mighty Mini Bf 109 Beta v.2 Tiled.pdf
    976.9 KB · Views: 0

Idahomoe

Whilst I have not done a mini 109 I have built a lot of FT inclufing Minis - all from scratch.

I may be able to help so I ask where are you stuck?

Have fun!
I guess the hatch is what has me scratching my head. Not sure how it fits on fuselage. Will send pics later. Time got away from me and the sun is up. Thanks scott

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Will research the 109 build so I am better armed for your pic BTW time is 11PM here.

Have a great day!

Have fun!

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
The hatch piece is the base of the canopy. The rounded end is folded up and is the same profile as the forward deck. The more pointed end is the rear of the canopy and is fixed at an angle to match against the profile of the rear deck.

From what I can tell the side paper flaps are folded up to seal the edges of the hatch to facilitate the fitment of the canopy.

If you need any more info just let me know!

Have fun!

Idahomoe

Attachments

• C0705D5E-14F3-4C5B-BD6D-D544EDAA1675.jpeg
    C0705D5E-14F3-4C5B-BD6D-D544EDAA1675.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • F0452271-3F0E-4F1D-AE58-B27699FA34F2.jpeg
    F0452271-3F0E-4F1D-AE58-B27699FA34F2.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 7ADF9184-CEF4-466D-AEA6-B973873BC796.jpeg
    7ADF9184-CEF4-466D-AEA6-B973873BC796.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
You obviously have an error there! So I will try to clarify a little!

The tallest former that you have mounted on the hatch does not go there as best as I can work out.
I think it is labelled as part 14 and it goes directly behind the hatch, (when the hatch is fitted).

Part 09 goes half way along between the hatch and the tail.

The 2 parts numbered 13 go into the hatch from underneath to act as hatch retainers with the use of a BBQ skewer.

Here it gets a little unclear but Part 10 the Hatch former glues next to the curved piece for the front of the hatch as to whether it is in front or behind the front edge of the hatch is unclear but a fitting of the hatch would soon clarify the location.

Generally the fuselage formers are numbered in ascending order from the rear of the fuselage this means that the larger the number the further forward it is located on the fuselage.

Part 09 - Rear Fuse Former
Part 10 - Hatch Former
Part 13 - Hatch Plug
Part 14 - Front Fuse Former
I will research a little further to see if I can clarify the exact position of Part 14.

Have fun!

Idahomoe

You obviously have an error there! So I will try to clarify a little!

The tallest former that you have mounted on the hatch does not go there as best as I can work out.
I think it is labelled as part 14 and it goes directly behind the hatch, (when the hatch is fitted).

Part 09 goes half way along between the hatch and the tail.

The 2 parts numbered 13 go into the hatch from underneath to act as hatch retainers with the use of a BBQ skewer.

Here it gets a little unclear but Part 10 the Hatch former glues next to the curved piece for the front of the hatch as to whether it is in front or behind the front edge of the hatch is unclear but a fitting of the hatch would soon clarify the location.

Generally the fuselage formers are numbered in ascending order from the rear of the fuselage this means that the larger the number the further forward it is located on the fuselage.

Part 09 - Rear Fuse Former
Part 10 - Hatch Former
Part 13 - Hatch Plug
Part 14 - Front Fuse Former
I will research a little further to see if I can clarify the exact position of Part 14.

Have fun!
Thanks!! The picture was worth a 1000 words.

Attachments

• 2FA307C7-B3AF-4521-84E7-A77057DA7F60.jpeg
    2FA307C7-B3AF-4521-84E7-A77057DA7F60.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0