Any pilots in NE Oklahoma?

wsyng

I'm in Moore. Would be interested in a meet-up one weekend. I'm a noob also and really love what the guys at FT are doing. I just had my first flight with a scratch build FT Nutball yesterday. It's exciting and addicting when it finally gets in the air. Can't wait for the next project.

amlee71

I bought the Hobbyzone Duet. I've flown it s couple of times, I took it out last weekend and a gust of wind came up and drove it straight into the ground. The wing broke clean off. So I'm going to take it up and try again. I have started to build the FT Flyer but I'm not getting in a hurry. Still need to buy a radio and I'm not sure which one I want. But now I need some repairs and tires on my vehicle so my flying will have to take a back seat for now. I love what they are doing at Flite Test, they're the reason I'm in the hobby now. Especially with the free plans and how planes can be built so cheap now.

crash bandicoot

I bought the Hobbyzone Duet. I've flown it s couple of times, I took it out last weekend and a gust of wind came up and drove it straight into the ground. The wing broke clean off. So I'm going to take it up and try again. I have started to build the FT Flyer but I'm not getting in a hurry. Still need to buy a radio and I'm not sure which one I want. But now I need some repairs and tires on my vehicle so my flying will have to take a back seat for now. I love what they are doing at Flite Test, they're the reason I'm in the hobby now. Especially with the free plans and how planes can be built so cheap now.

Duets Rock! I have 1 coworker and two friends flying those now. I am up in KC so if ever head up here there are some people here.

As for a transmitter, I would recommend a Spektrum Dx6i or a Turnigy Orange 6 channel transmitter as an alternative. If you like the Duet, the other more advanced parkzone planes fly just as well. And if you get one of these transmitters, you can Bind to the Parkzone and E-flite plug and fly planes. Or you can also use a Lemon RX receiver which are super cheap yet pretty good. Good luck with scratch building too. I would start with an FT flyer, they are fantastic.

Arcamedies

I'm in Tulsa and just got into the hobby. Picked up a DX8 and a Blade Nano QX and next is a Super Cub to learn on planes. Anyone a member of a club in Tulsa or B.A.?

ComDS

I live in Broken arrow. I do rockets with tulsarocketry.org and recently got an IRIS+ from 3drobotics.com I am looking to fly something a bit cheaper and some things more fun. I have a CNC router and plan on making some of the free plans from scratch. I just need to figure out how to machine foamboard. But I could make 1000 firewalls a day pretty easy :)

Ron B

Posted a thousand or more times
I live in Bristow and there are 10 of us that fly on a ranch near Gypsey when ever weather permits
fixed wing and quads.

lukaspanic

I live and fly in Guthrie with a friend from OKC. We both just started and we're going to alternate flying in Guthrie or in OKC, near the Village.

Brianna81

I wouldn't call myself a pilot, but, I'm in SE OKC. I have a field right across from where I live, and I zoomed in on it and the Radio Kontrol society's field up by Hefner Lake, and they're about the same size (I realize my scale is off at the bottom right of each picture, meaning I'm not zoomed in the same amount, but not enough I don't think that it would be that much difference) I removed the street names from the bottom picture of where I live, so that people aren't trying to find me :D But, I just wanted to compare it and say I "think" it's a decent sized field. At least, if they have all their stuff for the radio kontrol guys, in a similar area, then hopefully I'm ok too.

Attachments

• field comparison.png
    field comparison.png
    121.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Aleksandra

Same as above, only with aspirations to become a pilot ;) Located in central OKC. I was looking for a place to fly, Lake Hefner looks promising, weather permitting. I'll be away until August, but I'd love to meet to fly together or something.