Any questions for the FTAH Podcast

Spastickitten

I see, you need to invest in a car based fpv system, never get out of the car. I now know why you "froze" your fingers last year. We don't even get snow down here, but I've heard how "wonderful" it is!

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Are there any planes you guys like to fly in the fall vs other seasons?

Well this year anything I can use my heated TX mitt with ;)

I want to try the Radian out this winter but that could mean frozen feet.

My super star last winter besides the SkyMule on skis was the Multiplex Fun Cub.

IMG_2599.JPG IMG_2724.JPG

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
Andre are you going to paint the Fun Cub for this winter? We don't want you loosing it in the snow :p

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
I have a crash story, if it could be read, that would be great! Last week my flying buddy came down about two hours to fly with me. I was flying my mini guinea around and showing the flat spin on it to him, then let him fly. he had a mobius, so I though it would be a good idea to put it on backwards, and rubber band it on with the wing rubber bands. this was the "one more time" moment, after I had done a successful flat spin, he prompted me to do one more, so i did. Once I tried to stop it, the right motor quit on me. not the time, when you have 80 dollars of your friends stuff on your mini guinea you put double the time you normally would in painting, all you can think is "no. no. don't. no." so it started the slow spiral of death to the right, me being unable to recover it. a loud pop from the nose as it ripped through the packing tape, and the mobius bouncing off the ground 4 feet away.the plane looked like it pile drived itself in, it was stuck at a 15 degree angle to the ground, and the top of the nose was pushed over the top front of the fuse. the minwax-treated craft paper was ripped at almost all the seams, so it looked pretty messy. that was the least of the damage. A wire had separated from the bullet connector, and one of the motor screws slipped thru the mount. the wing was bent down near the roots, and had polyhedral at the tips. it was in bad shape. At least it wasn't my mobius!

It didnt bother me at all. Usually this mobius is on a 220 mini quad crashing into dry creek beds. That grass was like fluffy pillow!

Spastickitten

What is your opinion on 180s, the umx spitire/ p40, and how do you guys think hobbyking has progressed? It used to be a much less reliable brand with bad models, but it seems to have changed a bit. Oh and of coarse hire me.

This woke me up this morning! Can I ask more questions? I don't have any at the moment, but I don't want to hog up the whole podcast. Thanks guys for answering my question! I can personally use a 9xr, and it's really all I could afford, so it got me into the hobby.

ps: Should I make a pronunciation thing for the name? (spa-stik-itten)

crash bandicoot

I'm very curious about when or if you guys put away your radians. It tends to get windy in the winter where I am at, so I stick to quads or my UMX Icon A5.