Any Silhouette vinyl users?

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
i buy 12x12 colored squares off of amazon. I get my 12" rolls from them as well. oracal vinyl i think?

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I have a Silhouette Cameo 3. Love it. I got the Cameo over the Cricut because a friend recommended it. They probably are both very capable machines. That said, I have no hesitation in recommending the Silhouette. I've had zero issues with mine. I've actually made enough money doing side jobs with it to pay for the machine and the materials I've used with it.

dehager

I use a Silhouette Cameo 4 and it has been great. I decision to go with the Silhouette over the Circuit was due to the fact that Circuit requires you to use their web based software. Silhouette Studio is installed on your PC. The Cameo can cut some really small details...

IMG_0263.JPG
IMG_0264.JPG

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
Cricuts design software is downloadable. You can use web app, mobile app, and/or installed windows program. They all sync with the cloud.

Stocksight

Silhouette now has a 24" model. Could you use it to cut poster board templates based on plans or CAD drawings that can then be traced on foam board? Thank you. Howard

Taildragger

Legendary member
My wife has a Silhouette Cameo which has been borrowed a few times. It can do pens as well as cut vinyl and card stock. Pretty slick if you can find material to both print on in your inkjet printer then mount it up to automatically cut it.... If only it could do foamboard.....

Cheers!
LitterBug
Just duct tape an xacto blade to it... haha I wonder how that would turn out...:LOL:

Notnewton

Nice! Which model do you own? Thank you Howard
I have the 34 inch MH871 - mk2 that came with a pen as well. I also use the circuit mats to cut covering or small pieces of vinyl. This machine was given to me, but If I were purchasing one it probably would be one of the smaller ones. I very rarely cut larger then 18 inches wide.