Any way to fix a CCD camera?

ipetepete

I recently got a super cheap camera transmitter/receiver system and I realize I get what I pay for. The camera was working beautifully for about a day, then while I was trying to rig it to a mini quad, the image got all weird.

My question is does anybody know what might be the cause? Is there any salvaging it? I'm not afraid to solder.

Hoping somebody here knows a thing or two about this lil' guys and offer a possible remedy apart from the garbage can.

-- Edit --

Specs (AFAIK)

1/3 CCD 320 TVL (Sony clone)
Original power source was a 9v battery
Modded to work with a 2s LiPo (video was good up until about 6v)

Transmitting @ 1.2Ghz (not sure about the channel)

Last edited:

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Does your camera have configurable settings? Have you gotten strong light shone into the sensor?

ipetepete

@Colorex No settings.

@Lobstermash I'm thinking I just might have to.

I took a closer look, and the problem might be that the camera operates at a lower voltage than the transmitter (both wired together, inside the camera case), and I think the resistors are/did overheat causing the issue with the CCD sensor.

Nonamerc

Arman
Make sure that the camera's are firmly attached to the PCB board. I know allot of people who have had problems with their CCD cameras because of bad connection with the PCB board ;) I hope that you fix your problem.

ipetepete

Make sure that the camera's are firmly attached to the PCB board. I know allot of people who have had problems with their CCD cameras because of bad connection with the PCB board ;) I hope that you fix your problem.

I'll double check that. I'm not heartbroken if it doesn't work. I bought the system for $20, and intended to use it for short range FPV with my WL v929 mini quad. So if it doesn't work, I'll just go back to the drawing board. I'm thinking it would have been perfect had they not put the transmitter in the camera case. But it just might be a bad CCD. Who knows. If I find another deal like that I'll snatch it up and tear it apart to better suit my needs.

Anyway. Thanks for all the tips. I'll post here and resurrect this thread if I get it working. Of course I'm still all ears for more suggestions/tips.

Gracias,

- Pedro Pica Piedras

Nonamerc

Arman
If you cant get it fixed you can always buy an 5.8GHz transmitter+reciever combo from foxtech. A bit more expensive but in FPV terms it's cheap ;)