Anybody already ordered goods from Flitetest in Belgium

macfurax

Hi There,

I really like the new VersaCopter.

I'm tempted to order one, but I guess I would have to pay some taxes for customs.
Does anybody have already ordered goods from Flitetets and have any experiences with Belgium customs ?

Thank's and regards,

MacFurax

Constant

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Hey MacFurax,

welcome to the forum :)

I'm not from Belgium, but I'm guessing German and Belgium customs are not so different. I basically have to pay the sales tax (that you pay in stores) on the sum of the product price and shipping. In Germany that is 19%.

The guys at the customs office here in my hometown are nice. Perhaps you can just call or visit your local office and ask what to expect and how it is handled? Just mention it's the first time you import something on your own and don't want to make any mistakes.

macfurax

Hi Balu,

Thank's

Yes I can get to the post office to ask.

One one my friends ordered some goods from Japan, and had to pay VAT and a custom fee (kind of fine) for file handling.
And everything was done via paper mail, no phone or mail, look's very old fashion.

Regards

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Yes, it's paper all the way here too. I'm not sure on the handling fee, it might depend on the total sum.

I wouldn't ask at a post office, I'd look for a customs office directly. But the post office might point you in the right direction :).

Ludodg

From Belgium (Sint-Gensius-Rode, onder Brussel) and yes, ordered from flitetest multiple times ...
Just expect to pay a serious VAT-fee :(

I always made sure to have a larger order to save on shipping costs, and had to pay extra costs at customs. Last time it was more then €100 :(

So cheap ordering from Flitetest? Chances are very low!
I did it however, just to sponsor FT a bit.

But I don't think I'll ever buy a kit again, for higher-mentioned reasons. Pitty :(

tneun

Nicolas
Haha I have a bad experience with this all. When I, 3 years ago wanted to come into the hobby I ordered this super nice Eurofighter Typhoon with my dad from the USA. Had to pay about $200 extra with shipping and vat etc. The plane was only $300 so I lost a lot of money. Still never flown the plane, because I wanted to maiden it in the US, since I'm moving to the USA. That's how to waste $200. :p

macfurax

I forget about buying from Flitetest, import fees and taxes will make the price more then twice the item one.
The more you order the more you pay, this is ridiculous.

I also read some not so good reviews about Versa Copter, so I'll keep with other frames and webstores near Belgium.
I found some in Germany, Netherlands and France.

Thank's for your answers.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Early next year things are going to change. Flite Test is going to start an official distribution channel in Europe. :)

Most problems with the Versa come from the clamps that hold the CF rods. They tend to break in crashes, rumors are they are going to be upgraded to metal ones.

macfurax

Cool !
I would like to try there Foam board kit. Foam board I found here is to heavy.
And I'm to leasy to source DEPRON.

Yeah I read about teh clamps of the Versa Copter, and alos motor mount that tend to rotate.

I'll stick with my ZMR250.

Hondafan

where do you guys order the flite test kits?
If i want to order from us the costs are to much and Graupner has nothing in stock

Ludodg

If i want to order from us the costs are to much and Graupner has nothing in stock
I did and indeed payed large extra custom-fees + shipping costs.

If I where you I would wait till Graupner has all the parts in stock. I really do not think that this will take a lot of time.

Hondafan

i hope so :p
I would love to build one of those, but i thing a kit is better than from scratch, because i have no experience whay so ever with building planes

AustinFurey

Staff member
Admin
Mentor

Flite_Test_09.jpg

Hey friend, I just wanted to let you know that Graupner products are marked out of stock because they are currently being loaded in. Above is the photo of the product on the loading dock. :)
You should be able to order soon.

Best,
-Austin