Anybody else scratch building tonight?

Timmy

Legendary member
Nothing wrong with what looks simple. When I broke down and made my Stik plane it was to make something simple and idiot proof. Turned out to be pretty awesome.
yep, I'm also going for something simple and idiot proof! I also chose this because I have some 850mah batteries and they arn't being used in anything so I'll make this plane for those batteries

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
Also I got a quick sketch done up of my proposed Panther Jet

F9F.jpg

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
Anybody know any decent lightweight covering film (like parklite) that comes in transparent colors? I want to get started on my Gentle Lady but Willy Nillies is a little backlogged right now so my film won't be getting shipped for a while, time I do not have.

Aviator08

Flagstaff,AZ
Anybody know any decent lightweight covering film (like parklite) that comes in transparent colors? I want to get started on my Gentle Lady but Willy Nillies is a little backlogged right now so my film won't be getting shipped for a while, time I do not have.

New Prairie Toolworks on ETSY.com has lightweight covering film called Doculam, it is opaque , but can be painted after install.

OliverW

Legendary member
Ultracoat makes transparent colors I believe. My littlest stick by them is covered in ultra coat and flys super light still

OliverW

Legendary member
I'm building a sub-250g glider, I'm concerned that the standard films might crush the airframe. Do you know what Willy Nilles uses?
Willy Nillies uses the covering that they sell. My littlest stick is also one of their kits. You can get away with ultracoat as previously stated, but it will add some weight. Since transparent park lite isn't made I recommend using willy nillies covering