Anybody else scratch building tonight?

the rc project

Do you have some more close up pics of the gear on your timber X?
Landing gear or flying gear?
The landing gear are some RC4WD rc car shocks and some 3D printed mounts. The geometry isn’t great... I’ve thought about other options, might do a thread on that.
The flying gear I added is a twin a pack(i think) the 1806 motors and I have them plugged into the gear channel and mixed. If you are trying this please take the props off. It’s a little sketchy trying to set that up, just use the monitor screen to “test” before you power up the model! The motors are mounted using a 3D printed universal motor mount and hot glue...

Attachments

• 7226F532-2B08-4A50-80B7-6C376CA6AAB2.jpeg
    7226F532-2B08-4A50-80B7-6C376CA6AAB2.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

the rc project

or of the V-Tol thing in the third picture?
I don’t have any pictures, I can take some at the field tomorrow..... but I do have a video! It’s not fully built, this is a video of the first test hover. I will take more video tomorrow as well. This model sadly will not be able to transition fully, the cg is far to rearward, not too worry I will be making a new version that is more scale looking and hopefully function fully. As for this model the wing can be put to 90 degrees for hover or about 65 degrees for a half way forward flight.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
The landing gear are some RC4WD rc car shocks and some 3D printed mounts. The geometry isn’t great... I’ve thought about other options, might do a thread on that.
The flying gear I added is a twin a pack(i think) the 1806 motors and I have them plugged into the gear channel and mixed. If you are trying this please take the props off. It’s a little sketchy trying to set that up, just use the monitor screen to “test” before you power up the model! The motors are mounted using a 3D printed universal motor mount and hot glue...
Landing gear was what I mean. I got my timber x used and the first owner had pancaked it so the gear isn’t very happy and it could use a redo. I like what you have going on there. (y)

Timmy

Legendary member
I don’t have any pictures, I can take some at the field tomorrow..... but I do have a video! It’s not fully built, this is a video of the first test hover. I will take more video tomorrow as well. This model sadly will not be able to transition fully, the cg is far to rearward, not too worry I will be making a new version that is more scale looking and hopefully function fully. As for this model the wing can be put to 90 degrees for hover or about 65 degrees for a half way forward flight.

very cool! (y)

Taildragger

Legendary member
oooo I wanna see that fly! Hyperstol timber

leaded50

Legendary member
:)
Seriously I'm still not sure how you got it so light at that size @leaded50 . Battery, motor, well I guess but that's a light build! Good job man.

Its only some internals (batterybox, tailspar, tailfin/stab, and bottom of wings), who is 5mm foamboard, canopy is blue foam bit, carved out inside. Rest is 3mm depron type. A pain to work with, a bit to hot glue,or touches where glued before dry, and it melts a hole, every error in skins eg shows. (former at rear end looks like shoulders at outside :LOL:, thin, and not stabile strong as foamboard) used a few 2mm carbon rods/tube too.
Im using a 2306 motor at 33g, 5g servos. 2.5g reciver.

Last edited:
where the poo did this come from? When did you make this?!?! I can't keep up with you man!
It looks awesome though! where did you install the servo for the elevator?
Oh he put it right there in the tail of the fuse, straight under the elevator. Remember my geometry lesson?

leaded50

Legendary member
where the poo did this come from? When did you make this?!?! I can't keep up with you man!
It looks awesome though! where did you install the servo for the elevator?

ha,ha.. suddenly made, in a couple days... Elevator servo is mounted , straight in the back of canopy, (or straight behind wing is same thing..) with pushrod connection as this , because the high stab.

(i put in a picture from behind too..with faked "youngman flaps"
DSC_0685.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0684.JPG
    DSC_0684.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 0

leaded50

Legendary member
Ahhhh. Gotcha. (y)
and didnt made a build thread.... i sat here in the "fog of medicine", and had this planes "resourced out" to build before. Just started, and fuselage/wing was made in a night approx. its the work after thats taken more time, finsish, detailing, get electronics in place and functional , and lower weight all the way, without tuin "too much" of stiffness.