Anybody else scratch building tonight?

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
Found it... they look basically identical except for the motor mount.
yeah just a lot bigger!
IMG_20210606_200422780.jpg

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
Lately I've been really wanting something different and unique to bring out to the field, so I've decided to bring my Jet GeeBee out of retirement after being mothballed a few years back. I've also found some red leds after looking through the spare parts bin so gee bee with after burner is a go! I still have the bracket laying around but I need to make another exhaust tube or maybe I should just leave the exposed edf, what do you think?
Here's a pic of it a few years ago at a fly in where it really turned some heads!
37500321_1820066011405945_6039420812195266560_n.jpg

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
Lately I've been really wanting something different and unique to bring out to the field, so I've decided to bring my Jet GeeBee out of retirement after being mothballed a few years back. I've also found some red leds after looking through the spare parts bin so gee bee with after burner is a go! I still have the bracket laying around but I need to make another exhaust tube or maybe I should just leave the exposed edf, what do you think?
Here's a pic of it a few years ago at a fly in where it really turned some heads!
View attachment 201607
Either way its just cool!(y)

Scotto

Elite member
View attachment 201607
Ill throw in a vote for a tube. Wouldnt want to burn through the belly.;) Maybe clip the wings shorter too. Is it a Dynam? What size batteries? Motors on seperate channels?

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
Ill throw in a vote for a tube. Wouldnt want to burn through the belly.;) Maybe clip the wings shorter too. Is it a Dynam? What size batteries? Motors on seperate channels?
Yeah, it's a dynam, running on a 3s 2100 for the main motor and a 2200 3s for the EDF. The motors are slaved to each other with a switch to turn off the EDF then there is one that blasts it at 100%. Since it's still in such nice condition, I'm not going to clip the wings, especially since it's discontinued and it flys so nice as is. Im also leaning towards adding the exhaust too

OliverW

Legendary member
Yeah, it's a dynam, running on a 3s 2100 for the main motor and a 2200 3s for the EDF. The motors are slaved to each other with a switch to turn off the EDF then there is one that blasts it at 100%. Since it's still in such nice condition, I'm not going to clip the wings, especially since it's discontinued and it flys so nice as is. Im also leaning towards adding the exhaust too
Thankfully she's back in production. Its on bitgo's site

bwarz

Master member
wrapping up the builds for my smaller kids just in time for our trip to Edgewater in the morning!
16233855552399004234775875187831.jpg

the Corsair is the original FT mini scaled up to 125%. The staggerwing was adapted from some incomplete plans on the forum. The staggerwing flys interestingly, the Corsair should fly better once I get it balanced out.

Myself and 3 kids heading out... the van is FULL of planes. There will be no shortage of things to do there tomorrow!

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
It may look like nothing has happened since the last time I posted but I got a lot done today with my T-34 Mentor. I first sured up some of the formers with some 1/32" ply splints which really stiffened up the airframe. Then since the leading edge tab that holds the wing on was sheared off, I sawed out about 2" off the centre rib to epoxy in a new tab that was made of tight grain plywood that is 10x as strong as the light ply crap so I don't think it's going anywhere! I then squared up the wing with the fuse within a 1/16" (compared to the tolerance of 1/4" that the guy who first put it together had it and the elevator at) and drilled and tapped the holes for the wing bolts. Finally I made a stringer on the bottom which blends the bottom of the wing to the bottom of the fuselage. I still have a lot to do though but I see it getting in the air by mid to early July.
IMG_20210611_010856867.jpg
IMG_20210611_010841100.jpg
IMG_20210611_010250821.jpg
IMG_20210611_010230310.jpg