Anybody else scratch building tonight?

DutchRoll

Well, the M.35 is wonky alright. First test chucks weren't successful - either it pitched upside down immediately and tumbled to the ground or the front wing stalled and it spun in to the ground. I had to put a couple of large washers on the front wing, moving CG way forward, in order to make it glide.

Now before I get too excited about miscalculated CG/CL, I do know that my rear wing needs to be redone - it's warped and not generating enough lift. I also need to redo where the ballast is placed, moving it down below the wings.

Last edited:

K3V0

Elite member
I’ve gotten this bird pretty much ready to maiden! As said before, it’s been a slower build but I’m back at it and primed to fly! I’ll take her out tomorrow or Saturday.
34D78B6E-D709-4D06-97C6-23DB69D76964.jpeg
33B74FCB-96FF-4098-8E1D-DDE1CCAC5914.jpeg
E8264F33-8E8A-42A4-8F44-01C0A9D8B960.jpeg
ED3E5484-041A-4765-B4CA-4B00BFA848E5.jpeg

I imagine this plane flying to remote construction sites and maintaining tonka equipment 😁
Building, flying, repairing, dreaming; whatever mode you’re in, have a good Thursday all!

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I’ve gotten this bird pretty much ready to maiden! As said before, it’s been a slower build but I’m back at it and primed to fly! I’ll take her out tomorrow or Saturday. View attachment 155621 View attachment 155620 View attachment 155622 View attachment 155623
I imagine this plane flying to remote construction sites and maintaining tonka equipment 😁
Building, flying, repairing, dreaming; whatever mode you’re in, have a good Thursday all!
That looks stellar. Good luck on the maiden

K3V0

Elite member
Thanks all! 2x coats of minwax in one day then up early the next day to paint. I gave it several coats of the yellow then masked off in the afternoon. I feel like I rushed the black but by that time the foam was pretty well sealed. I finished the last coat of black in the dark 😎 and let it dry overnight. So, call it two and half days of prep and paint. It’s so hard not to rush through! I want to fly ASAP but I’ve learned to take a little extra time, especially near the end of the build.

speedbirdted

Legendary member
I kit built a plane... does that count? View attachment 155877

Still building so I'd say it still counts ;)

My kit build on the other hand has transferred over from getting bigger into getting prettier. I think I need to repaint the cowling and add a little more yellow/white to the paint mixture plus sand it down again (for some reason the weird plastic that the kit has makes the paint clump up and look bumpy when it dries)

P_20200127_005409.jpg

OliverW

Legendary member
Still building so I'd say it still counts ;)

My kit build on the other hand has transferred over from getting bigger into getting prettier. I think I need to repaint the cowling and add a little more yellow/white to the paint mixture plus sand it down again (for some reason the weird plastic that the kit has makes the paint clump up and look bumpy when it dries)

View attachment 155952
That looks awesome!

herbertjalarcon

Elite member
I’ve gotten this bird pretty much ready to maiden! As said before, it’s been a slower build but I’m back at it and primed to fly! I’ll take her out tomorrow or Saturday. View attachment 155621 View attachment 155620 View attachment 155622 View attachment 155623
I love my Bushwhacker...nice paint job!