Anybody else scratch building tonight?

Shurik-1960

Almost finished the fuselage. Tomorrow I will remove the chips from the newly glued parts and weigh them. It remains to assemble the wing.I want to change it to flat convex or symmetrical.I read somewhere that a more practical plano-convex, symmetrical does not work on such sizes.I glued the tip of the fishing rod into the front part of the fuselage for reinforcement. Tomorrow I'll take off the mounting needles and weigh them.

Attachments

• DSC00008.JPG
    DSC00008.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC00007.JPG
    DSC00007.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0

Shurik-1960

I will buy the engine and regulator after weighing the carcass of the model. I just have to glue the wings.The battery is planned to be 2200mA 3S . One servo mechanism on the elevator did not work-I did not find a long metal spoke. I will put two 9gr Tower .

Shurik-1960

In the morning I take my daughter to school and spend a couple of hours making a model. I made both wings with a flat-convex profile. It remains to adjust the wings to the fuselage. I can't glue the wings : I have 2 servos with a metal gearbox left in the village (in the country) . I will go there only next weekend. Servomechanisms will stand in the wing and only rocking chairs will be visible in the slots in the wing.. The project is being frozen.

Attachments

• DSC00010.JPG
    DSC00010.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC00011.JPG
    DSC00011.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC00012.JPG
    DSC00012.JPG

Tdugar

In the morning I take my daughter to school and spend a couple of hours making a model. I made both wings with a flat-convex profile. It remains to adjust the wings to the fuselage. I can't glue the wings : I have 2 servos with a metal gearbox left in the village (in the country) . I will go there only next weekend. Servomechanisms will stand in the wing and only rocking chairs will be visible in the slots in the wing.. The project is being frozen.
Looks amazing can't wait till you finish yours

Brian B

Elite member
I hate soldering! Maybe if I was better at it. Completed all wiring and everything checks out. Long wires! ECSs standing tall like blades in the ducting for all around cooling. I plan on carefully maidening it with elevons only, and control the canard with the right rotary knob. Maybe. Then I'll decide whether to mix the canard with the elevons for better pitch control, or maybe just use them as part of a flap system. Notice the low profile unicycle landing gear behind the intake. Printing the "6 Pack" now. I think I'm going for a Thunderbird scheme.
20230925_222329.jpg
20230925_222623.jpg
20230925_224241.jpg
20230925_224338.jpg
20230925_225407.jpg
T_Bird.jpg

Shurik-1960

shadeyB

Your hands grow from the right place: a beautiful model ALWAYS flies beautifully. Alas, I haven't done such big projects for a long time.

Brian B

Your model is not a copy.In such cases, I always increase the wing area to reduce the wing load.This ALWAYS improves the flight qualities of the model. I hope to see this model with a flat-convex wing profile (all servomechanisms will be beautifully hidden in the wing) and the fuselage will have a native round shape.

shadeyB

Legendary member

shadeyB

Your hands grow from the right place: a beautiful model ALWAYS flies beautifully. Alas, I haven't done such big projects for a long time.

thanks buddy, I found myself trying to rush through parts and get it done so I can go flying 😂
super excited about this one and all the more reason im now purposely taking my time to get her finished right and looking as gorgeous as she 1st did back in 1953.

Brian B

Elite member
I'm happy with my Valkyrie drivetrain. 1550gr static thrust, 1450 all up weight. Using two 2306x1750kv drone motors with 5x3 props on 4s. I was hoping to not need those banshee 2500kv motors, but someday I may throw them in and see what she'll do. Maybe this weekend maiden.
20230926_200309.jpg

Tdugar

This plane is one I've wanted to build for a very long time. I have all the plans put together, but I need to make a foam run lol. Them 4 jets put a beating on it. I still have to finish the f35 paint it. Plus, the other 2 the other F22 and the SU30. I think I'm addicted. Then I woke up my Ender 3 pro and printed so firewalls. It's going to be fun. Now the tedious process of cutting the plan out. Wish me luck.

Attachments

• 20230926_222549.jpg
    20230926_222549.jpg
    739.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230926_222417.jpg
    20230926_222417.jpg
    779.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230926_222226.jpg
    20230926_222226.jpg
Last edited:

Tdugar

Almost finished the fuselage. Tomorrow I will remove the chips from the newly glued parts and weigh them. It remains to assemble the wing.I want to change it to flat convex or symmetrical.I read somewhere that a more practical plano-convex, symmetrical does not work on such sizes.I glued the tip of the fishing rod into the front part of the fuselage for reinforcement. Tomorrow I'll take off the mounting needles and weigh them.
Looks amazing keep up the great work

skymaster

Elite member
I had a few pieces of foam board laying around so, i decided to build a FT MIG-3 i messed up on one of the wings so i had to copy the correct wing and them just copy it inverted and all is well. i finished cutting the patterns yesturday so now i need to start building. i was thinking of maybe painting it before glue in ti, see how it goes.

AgentC

Elite member
can it be constructed with the propellers facing backward? just wondering because switching them is a bit of a pain.
I've tried but didn't have success due to the trailing edge angle of the wing causing issues.
In theory, though, I think you could attach it to the bottom side of the wing foldover, but then you'd need to cut out slots in the whole wing for the props... Not a huge fan of doing that, but if you have try and come right, let me know and I'll make that as an option on the plans.

Incidently, maidened the EZ Sparrow this evening. I've not added any diheadral to the main wing with this little one as the on-board gyro seems to do a decent job levelling the plane when needed.
The video is pretty much in raw format with a timer for the flight time: