Anybody else scratch building tonight?

Shurik-1960

I haven't glued the wings yet: I don't have 9g servos. I will buy them . There is no motor and regulator yet either: I think to remove it from the flying model F-14, it flew 4 summer seasons without crashes. Servos will be hidden in the wings - I already wrote. My wife does not allow me to buy new engines and offers to disassemble old models.She is right : more than 40 models are lying , hanging .It's not cucumbers- you can't put them in a barrel..My daughter said that there are blue plastic bottles with sparkling water - I want to have a lantern for this model from a blue bottle.I'm going to the market tomorrow

Brian B

Elite member
The RC club field is being watered to close cracks in the dried clay, so no maiden yet. So, I started painting. Still have lots of panel lines and lettering to add, but that will wait until after the maiden this weekend. She's a big one at 60" long.
20231001_123215.jpg
20230930_123246.jpg

Shurik-1960

The servomechanism should stand in the wing and the pig with thrust is installed in the center of the aileron, elevator. When working in the air, your aileron will bend and the aileron itself will not be as effective.

Brian B

Elite member
Back in the day when servos were heavy and huge, strip ailerons driven off a single servo was the norm, even in champion Pattern ships.
20231005_002225.jpg

And remember, basically every elevator is the same way, even in foamboard, all with a single center servo.

As long as the paper skin is left on, and they are not too long, control surfaces from foamboard typically have the torsional rigidity to do the job. However, I would not do full length strip ailerons in foamboard, even with wing servos, unless reinforced with carbon fiber tubes. I usually do bury servos in the wing, but his is my first experiment with a flat KFm wing, so hid the servos elsewhere. The XB-70 is going to be flown scale-like, straight and graceful... I'm not a 3D pilot😉.

Shurik-1960

4 bottles of mineral water (I had to drink) and 3 days for 30 minutes.The result: a lantern with a pleasant color turned out. I'll order servomechanisms tomorrow. I did not make a plaster cast: I will not repeat this model. I want a model of the Great Patriotic War from Japanese fighters can Zero with a span of up to 1.2 meters.The patterns of the lantern had to be changed and made their own .I left only the "native " template No. 1. Tomorrow I will fit the fuselage for a tight fit and glue the magnets.

Attachments

• DSC00015.JPG
    DSC00015.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC00017.JPG
    DSC00017.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC00019.JPG
    DSC00019.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0

Brian B

Elite member
Last pic n update prior to skinning the outer wings
then it’s fill some of the joint lines and a little sanding before it’s time to hit the paint shop 😍
she’s looking fabulous so far 👍
can’t wait to get the 3 of them togethe
Last pic n update prior to skinning the outer wings
then it’s fill some of the joint lines and a little sanding before it’s time to hit the paint shop 😍
she’s looking fabulous so far 👍
can’t wait to get the 3 of them together

Fabulous! You are on such another l level!
download.jpeg

FishbonesAir

70mm MIG-19. Designed on Sketchup. Flew fast and straight but didn’t return from the maiden. So I built a 200% scaled Viggen with twin 70mm EDFs and functional canards. It flies very stable, but not nearly as fast as the normal sized one.
View attachment 240349
I love your storage, but could never do the same. We have 4 cats, who would consider it a fancy new climbing tree. 😒

Tench745

Master member
I love your storage, but could never do the same. We have 4 cats, who would consider it a fancy new climbing tree. 😒
I have similar storage and two cats. They mostly leave the planes alone, but I try to keep more durable or less valuable planes in the bottom couple slots in case the cats get reckless when zooming.