Anybody else scratch building tonight?

K3V0

Elite member
Started the next phase of the new plane. Any guesses ?
ADE85CC5-7EF6-4C38-92A8-4FFC1A855D3A.jpeg

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Started the next phase of the new plane. Any guesses ? View attachment 145728
That vertical stabilizer nails it down. I've got my own Storch build going on, but it's on hold at the moment. My build time is so very limited, but I've finally got the plans stitched together for H.B.s EAF 2D3D! It's only taken me about two weeks just to print the plans and stitch them together.

You've got a wonderful build going on here! I'd love to finish my Storch with you. I've got to finish the 2D3D, and Lord knows how long that will take me. Then it's back to the Storch!

Keep us updated. I'm following this thread, now. When I can get back to my Storch build I'll drop you a link. I'm looking forward to both our maiden videos! :)

K3V0

Elite member
A Storch! Yay, The Hanger called it and Buzzbomb you’re right about that distinctive stabilizer. The plans sat in a folder forever but I’ve been working at it slowly. I think I’ve got the momentum now :) I look forward to seeing all the great planes in the works !

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
That vertical stabilizer nails it down. I've got my own Storch build going on, but it's on hold at the moment. My build time is so very limited, but I've finally got the plans stitched together for H.B.s EAF 2D3D! It's only taken me about two weeks just to print the plans and stitch them together.

You've got a wonderful build going on here! I'd love to finish my Storch with you. I've got to finish the 2D3D, and Lord knows how long that will take me. Then it's back to the Storch!

Keep us updated. I'm following this thread, now. When I can get back to my Storch build I'll drop you a link. I'm looking forward to both our maiden videos! :)
Oh, the Storch. I might just have to start that thing up one of these days. I really need a good plane to take off and land in my THICK grass and don’t want to buy one. I love the 3D capability’s of the bushwhacker though...

Last edited:

Vimana89

Legendary member
Looking forward to see how your Storch turns out(y).I've been scratch building like crazy, so I'm actually gonna knock out a couple speed build kits up next here. I've got a DR1 tri plane on my shelf and plan to order a Charlie very soon. FT has a pretty extensive line-up already, but now that you are on these forums you have access to community member designs and plans as well, which there are already tons of great ones and some really unique stuff, so I'd recommend you browse those too if you haven't already. There will be a pretty massive influx of even more community designs between now and January of next year, you can count on that:LOL:.

Vimana89

Legendary member
Ah ha, I remember seeing that challenge now
It's a great challenge to make old to new there's so many old plans on Outerzone that translate great into foamies. Every type of plane from old school Nutballs to semi scale and some really off the wall stuff too...pretty much any plane you can think of is available long as there's balsa plans of it. There's a massive number of participants including myself. I have three entries I'm working on for it, the Floating Kidney, semi scale Vulcan, and 1939 Popular Aviation Special. These are all just about ready to finalize for plans and each one flies super nice 👍

Attachments

• IMG_1039.JPG
    IMG_1039.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1181.JPG
    IMG_1181.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1180.JPG
    IMG_1180.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

Sheriff

Started the next phase of the new plane. Any guesses ?

For your next build, try cutting small 'windows' in each template and apply tape to hold the piece from the center; it won't fall off or move as you cut the last inches / cm.

:)

I'm thinking about creating a cardboard folded piece to fit over the Storch stock fuselage to give it the iconic shape. Shouldn't be too long to design in Google Sketchup.
Is that something you would like to add to your completed model?

Last edited: