Anybody else scratch building tonight?

Wildthing

Legendary member
I get that! I just don’t have enough cash for a whole set of gear for each plane I want😉
Mainly it's the servos, I buy 20 or 30 of 9gr ones at a time so then I just have to swap out motors and esc's . It can be a bit of a pain but downstairs and with a tiny bit of work I have 30 plus planes that could be flying in a few minutes . Definitely the power pod makes that switch over way easier but sometimes I need my battery in that spot :D

K3V0

Elite member
Lol, it’s just Offspring. Look, you should all Come out and play! See what I did last night!
1BC614D9-15B8-4407-85B2-9342B98FF049.jpeg
31B85DEE-46F1-46F8-878D-BF2675977B53.jpeg

Fixed the storch’s broken beak. 😃
It went together easier than I thought after the crash. It was so sad looking, all smashed and tail up 🙁. The restorative powers of HG are truly amazing🥳.
And this morning I quickly cut out the mini mustang.
01BC724A-40FE-4BBB-8D57-17C7E9B0F57D.jpeg

So few parts! Hopefully I’ll be putting it together tonight.
I did want to go fly this morning but the fog is super dense😠. Today was gonna be Mig Monday too!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Lol, it’s just Offspring. Look, you should all Come out and play! See what I did last night! View attachment 150397 View attachment 150399
Fixed the storch’s broken beak. 😃
It went together easier than I thought after the crash. It was so sad looking, all smashed and tail up 🙁. The restorative powers of HG are truly amazing🥳.
And this morning I quickly cut out the mini mustang. View attachment 150400
So few parts! Hopefully I’ll be putting it together tonight.
I did want to go fly this morning but the fog is super dense😠. Today was gonna be Mig Monday too!
Misty and foggy here... with ftfb I’d be ok but not sure I’d want to put my unwaterproofed electronics through the mist...

K3V0

Elite member
I was going to fly today but the cold front hasn't lifted yet.

Storch looks like its ready for more action, how did it happen?
Yeah, I’m excited to get back out! I was off to the left and I seemed to be loosing control over a fenced in area near where I fly. I tried to bring it back to a place I could retrieve it and she went splat onto her nose.
I think it was a combination of loss of orientation and low speed and maybe the control issues. Someone was describing a similar issue with a cub earlier today and it seemed like it could be the same thing. I gotta keep some speed up when I’m low in the left and turning for a landing approach.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Someone was describing a similar issue with a cub earlier today and it seemed like it could be the same thing. I gotta keep some speed up when I’m low in the left and turning for a landing approach.
I think it's a tip stall, same thing with the Bushwhacker before I cut 3" off each wing tip. Seems like the wings being so big and creating so much lift that it is easy to get used to the slow flying characteristic's that any drop in speed especially in a turn will drop the tip and it's game over. Unless you are high enough to recover.

Were you at zero throttle in the turn or using high rates at the time?

I have learned the hard way now to try to keep a little throttle on for approach with landing gear to glide in, just for airflow around the wings. For belly landing is a dead stick glide to save the prop from breaking