Anybody else scratch building tonight?

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Lol I have no idea where to start with a home built project like that lol I want to build a f35 lightning I have a 70 mm edf just sitting here
What I do when looking at a plane to start from scratch with no plans, Is get on google images and print out a "3 view image" of the plane you would like to build. This will give the profiles and proportions you can easily scale up. This is a top, side and front or back view that you can pull from.

This is what I used for the Kitfox. Try to find the simplest drawing to use.
Kitfox Design.JPG

This will give you an idea of how the plane is shaped and where things go, gives you a 3 dimensional view that is easily transferred to a 2 dimensional plan

Tdugar

What I do when looking at a plane to start from scratch with no plans, Is get on google images and print out a "3 view image" of the plane you would like to build. This will give the profiles and proportions you can easily scale up. This is a top, side and front or back view that you can pull from.

View attachment 154560
This will give you an idea of how the plane is shaped and where things go, gives you a 3 dimensional view that is easily transferred to a 2 dimensional plan
Sorry for sounding like a complete rookie
This plane actuall has a lot of elements from every FT prop in slot plane. The nose of the Vector, the intakes of the Alpha etc.
I see that's pretty cool

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic

View attachment 154560
You can also check out "the blueprints.com" they have a large selection of images like that, and some of them also include the cross sections.