Anybody else scratch building tonight?

SSgt Duramax

Ok but I don't see a lot of buildings and bridges and subways being drawn up in Fusion. Cad (AutoCad) is what it is for a reason.
The only thing I am semi-proficient in is Autocad, but it has been years since I went to engineering school.

Can I design both DTFB and 3D printed models in this?

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
Putting another profile together, just got it all painted and have all the flat carbon inlays in, going to do the trusses next then it's pushrods and electronics.
IMG_20220119_225155839.jpg
IMG_20220119_225218488.jpg

Oh and here's what the bottom looks like
20220116_231758.jpg

FlyerInStyle

Elite member

FlamingRCAirplanes

Elite member
Hi everyone, I am looking for some beta builders for a plane I designed, a mighty mini twin Bn-2 islander. If anyone has some spare electronics and time, would you kind beta building? I would be very grateful, and so far I have provided detailed instructions, as well as this being the most fun build ever! Here is the thread: https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/britten-bn-2-islander-mighty-mini-twin-build.69204/ please take a look.

thanks,
FlyerInStyle
Quick question, what power pack does it use?

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
While charging my Lipo's ready for my flying day on Thursday, I discovered one of my HRB 3s 2200mAh batteries was only charging up to 75%, yet the charger kept saying fully charged .
So I checked the cells and discovered one was low 3.72v :eek:. I love those Lipo's too the best ones I have in my collection, then it occurred to me it was probably the battery which was in the Sea Otter crash.
I hate waste so decided to strip the battery pack down maybe I could salvage 2 cells and gain a 2s 2200mAh. I managed to split the cells easily and discovered it was the middle Cell that was damaged, I de-soldered the connections and checked the two good Cells where still okay.
Un-fortunately I didn't have any spare 2s JST balance connectors, so had to order some, they arrived today. I have now re-soldered the battery connections and fitted a 2s balanced plug and its working fine.
I don't plan to use it in a model that's not really a sensible idea, but it can be put to use. Its saved me scraping two perfectly good Cells and given me a test battery for checking model set-ups.

The only thing I am semi-proficient in is Autocad, but it has been years since I went to engineering school.

Can I design both DTFB and 3D printed models in this?
Wow I don't know anything about 3D printing.

Autocad certainly does 3D work but that's on another whole level, and one which I've never gotten into. I've seen work, like an entire college campus on the City grid modeled in 3D with every utility, every wire, every steam line, every chase represented in 3D. I would bet that these other programs people are using here are better for what we do for 3D printing.

For foamboard planes I'm able to rely just on the old standard 2D drafting, and if you have access to AutoCad, that's the best tool there is for 2D drafting.

Master Series plans I think are best done with a gentle 3D program. I used Sketchup on a plane just enough to know that it would suit the purpose very well, but others here have their favorite programs.

Does that make any sense?

FlamingRCAirplanes

Elite member
While charging my Lipo's ready for my flying day on Thursday, I discovered one of my HRB 3s 2200mAh batteries was only charging up to 75%, yet the charger kept saying fully charged .
So I checked the cells and discovered one was low 3.72v :eek:. I love those Lipo's too the best ones I have in my collection, then it occurred to me it was probably the battery which was in the Sea Otter crash.
I hate waste so decided to strip the battery pack down maybe I could salvage 2 cells and gain a 2s 2200mAh. I managed to split the cells easily and discovered it was the middle Cell that was damaged, I de-soldered the connections and checked the two good Cells where still okay.
Un-fortunately I didn't have any spare 2s JST balance connectors, so had to order some, they arrived today. I have now re-soldered the battery connections and fitted a 2s balanced plug and its working fine.
I don't plan to use it in a model that's not really a sensible idea, but it can be put to use. Its saved me scraping two perfectly good Cells and given me a test battery for checking model set-ups.
I did that to a tattu 3s 850 and it works great, I put it in my planes even.