Anybody else scratch building tonight?

SSgt Duramax

Whoa I started sh-t with a quick reply using the word "perpendicular"! Sorry, poor choice. Any then others got sucked into the fray! 😔 Totally correct you can't be perpendicular to a point (kicking myself). Overall, If the thrust line is above the center of mass/gravity/drag/(fill in the blank), it induced a moment/torque/couple, which must be countered somehow, or compromised with the lesser of evils (smallest moment arm). Up or down or none depends on plane configuration, so let us know how the initial "slight" downthrust works. End of string. 😃

Dont worry, I know what you meant. There is usually a vertical arrow or line attached to said point.

Anyway, the ghost is about printed. I just have the control surfaces, then I am switching to regular PLA for the control surfaces/canopy, and im going to do the gear and motor mount in PETG.

20220124_000528.jpg

bwarz

Master member
I'm spending some time tweaking a few things on the P36 plans tonight and I had the most annoying thing happen. My printer must have gotten just a bit 'jammed' and it compressed one of two pages coming out by almost half an inch. You couldn't tell at a quick glance and I ended up cutting the parts out. I was working on a stupid goofy skin at the cowl and a redo on the battery hatch. I noted an oddity on the hatch (skewer holes that were obviously oval instead of round) but ignored it. Cut the skin out and confidently glue the top to start the wrap-testing. One side - GREAT! Other side What the....$#*%&$#%*&#(? I reprinted the plans and things fit pretty well. No more tweaking. But how freaking annoying at 1:30AM :mad::ROFLMAO:

On a side note, I decided to cut out one of the wing fillets and worked it with sandpaper and it looks like its going to be beautiful:p The weird bends are goign to require the paper be removed from both sides and probably be coated with mod podge or something, but it looks like it should go together wonderfully and hopefully be repeatable. (Sorry no pics tonight - just lazy I guess)

ennobee

Hey guys. . I do believe I'm about to start on an Rc paraglider, full scale 😜... Will let you know when or if this idea pans out
25 years ago, I tried sewing together a paraglider kite out of spinaker nylon. It ended with my mother formally forbidding me ever to come near her sewing machine again. Still, I have held on to the book that had all the plans. So if you're adventurous enough, let me know. Otherwise just surf any German kiting website. They always have plans galore, even for paraglider kites.

I'm not hunkering to restart the fight I had with my mother 25 years ago this time with my wife. But I might go for a simple motorized delta kite instead.

SSgt Duramax

The sabre should be ready for maiden tomorrow. I did a hackjob on the canopy and nose but the plane is straight. If it flies well and i dont wreck it ill build a nice one.

20220128_235803.jpg

The model d is coming along nicely now that i am working my print settings out.

I am wondering if i shouldnt tac it out in olive drab or matte tan or gray or something and go military with it or put some snazzy looking civilian livery on it.

I am also considering a larger than required motor.
20220129_000007.jpg

CrshNBrn

Elite member
The sabre should be ready for maiden tomorrow. I did a hackjob on the canopy and nose but the plane is straight. If it flies well and i dont wreck it ill build a nice one.

View attachment 217292

The model d is coming along nicely now that i am working my print settings out.

I am wondering if i shouldnt tac it out in olive drab or matte tan or gray or something and go military with it or put some snazzy looking civilian livery on it.

I am also considering a larger than required motor. View attachment 217293
Those are both really snazzy, especially your model d. I don't have a 3D printer and am fascinated by the creations you folks can come up with using them. There's a fella at my club that has a printed plane that looks like a Romulan spaceship. Very cool.

My vote is for military markings for your Mustang. Maybe a Red Tail scheme? It's almost February.