Anybody else scratch building tonight?

Off-topic jes

Elite member
this plane is an original piece of cake glider, I built one out of foam board to see how it would fly because I had the balsa version.
4D8E0599-29EC-4A6E-AEBD-8F1892FEE1FF.jpeg
D43727CF-FEF0-4718-A7B2-ABBEA44AF92A.jpeg
E7727FD1-F183-424F-89F1-E7CF9C77BB1D.jpeg
DB1ACF15-A624-4AD2-9E54-079C1CE5953D.jpeg
it flies wonderful even with those corky gear it’s still so fun to fly

MaxTheFliteFreak

Rudder definitely looks big.
Yes, but it was designed as a glider and gliders are usually slower than powered aircraft becauze of their lack of a motor, so there is less air affecting the tail suefaces and so they must be enlarged to combat this. This is just my guess, I don't know anything about this specific model.

MaxTheFliteFreak

I have been waitimg for this box for a lomg time and it just arrived. I won't say what's in the box, but you'll see what it is when I am done building it. It is a kit though and it's future tense, so I hope this counts on the thread.
20221110_194659.jpg

Hint, it's a glider.

Brian B

Elite member
Found a video of the balsa plane that my plans were based on. Hopefully mine goes as well LOL! The wife says Probably not:ROFLMAO:

How is the Rutan coming along? I thought I recall some question on the CG, maybe confused with another. Anyway, stumbled across another model of a racer version. CG shown if needed. I wouldn't mind making a Foam Board version. thathttp://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=11273

XSrcing

Creator of smoking holes
Haven't done any building since finishing the Goblin.

But I have put plenty of miles under its wings. Made it out past 1.5 miles today before turning around.