Anybody else scratch building tonight?

luvmy40

Elite member
I moved from FlySky to TX16S and love it. With the FlySky receivers, it is very solid. With the original FlySky radio the limitation on mixes was an issue. On TX16S mixes are pretty much unlimited. I presume the same for any OpenTX radio but Radiomaster TX16S is the only one I've used. Just a great system.
Take a look at EdgeTX. It has some serious improvements over OpenTX including enabled touch screen and updated LUA Scripts. It's a fairly easy firmware update on the TX16S with several youtube tutorials available.

DISCLAIMER! I have never used OpenTX so I have no real idea how big an upgrade EdgeTX is.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Take a look at EdgeTX. It has some serious improvements over OpenTX including enabled touch screen and updated LUA Scripts. It's a fairly easy firmware update on the TX16S with several youtube tutorials available.

DISCLAIMER! I have never used OpenTX so I have no real idea how big an upgrade EdgeTX is.
I have a friend who used openTX, and edgeTX is indeed much better, and before the only thing lacking was the model setup wizard, which they added in the new update

RedTwilight

I've been out of the RC game pretty much for the past 2 years. I spent my time racing at the local drag strip. But that changed when EFlite released their Eratix Flat Foamy. I had been getting the itch to fly here and there, but that was what pushed me over the edge.
After binging some Flite Test videos I decided to start building a Grumman G-164 B AgCat with foam board.
The version I am building is has the extended wing with the Hershey tips which will bring the span of the top wing to 51 inches. Originally I planned to go with the Turbine powered version to help with the C.G., but I'm debating on doing the radial version now.

I had started the build back in early February, but haven't worked on it much yet. In that time I also started a MS P-51 and a couple of flat foamies.

Attachments

• AgCat2.jpg
    AgCat2.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • AgCat3.jpg
    AgCat3.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
I've been out of the RC game pretty much for the past 2 years. I spent my time racing at the local drag strip. But that changed when EFlite released their Eratix Flat Foamy. I had been getting the itch to fly here and there, but that was what pushed me over the edge.
After binging some Flite Test videos I decided to start building a Grumman G-164 B AgCat with foam board.
The version I am building is has the extended wing with the Hershey tips which will bring the span of the top wing to 51 inches. Originally I planned to go with the Turbine powered version to help with the C.G., but I'm debating on doing the radial version now.

I had started the build back in early February, but haven't worked on it much yet. In that time I also started a MS P-51 and a couple of flat foamies.
Lookin' good!

mastermalpass

Elite member

Sounds powerful! I'm predicting some impressive flight videos appearing on here once the Cat gets out of the B Ag! 😂

mastermalpass

Elite member
Speaking of things taking longer than planned, tonight I set out to make the new aluminium landing gear for the Su-26. I spent the whole time drilling, cutting and making my tools blunt.

Screenshot_20230303_002856_Gallery.jpg

The piece is ready for bending though. Hopefully that's the most laborious part out of the way and the new gear will be on in time for the weekend.

mastermalpass

Elite member
That canopy reminds me of an F4U...

Yeah it's not really scale to the Su-26, but I can fit my mobius under it. Since its only held on with a magnet, I think I might make a second scale canopy for it, so I have a choice between looking better from the inside or better from the outside.

1677955811616.png

Of course, it will heave to earn that by flying well on the maiden. :)

shadeyB

Legendary member
Last edited:

tomlogan1

Elite member
Four motor foam board plane

I have built a bunch of foam board planes and have been very satisfied with single engine and two engine varieties. I would like to build a four engined plane out of foam board. I have a few criteria:

1 Must be electric (have 2 1806 and 2 2204 motors
2 Can't have a wingspan greater than 48 inches (1219 mm).

Wiring is not an issue I have that covered. I'm not concerned about being scale and my builds are certainly not beatiflul like some of the builds I've seen here. More concerned about flying than appearance.

I can 3d print any parts needed.

I would welcome any design suggestions. Right now just thinking of a four motor Tiny Trainer, but theres got to be a better idea out there.

Thanks.