Anybody from the Toronto area?

RogueWave

Hello to both of you....

I'm in Brampton... I'm happy to drop down to Mississauga to burn a few batteries with some new friends...

Mike

seanv75

Hey there. I'm from brampton .I'm just starting in this hobbie with planes .I currently have a few off road rc .do u fly at the mississauga club off of heritage Rd .I hear they have a dirt track there as well .
I'm currently in the process of converting a glider into an rc using a flitetest power pack I ordered yesterday. Something to learn on before I purchase the plane I want .but would love to fly with some guys to learn and get started into the hobbie

647hotrod

Rookie Pilot/Builder
Yep. I've crashed a mini scout, and I'm finishing a dr1. And starting a tiny trainer. I love building. ��

Yeah just saw that on your other post. Haven't tried either of those yet. I started out with a tiny trainer and quickly moved to the sport wing with aileron and 3s. I really recommend it if you are learning to fly. Though the Simple Cub that FT is releasing this week looks really promising as a trainer. I'm also excited about it because it will be the first time since i joined that there is a huge hype over a new plane. So looking forward to follow everyone's experience.

647hotrod

Rookie Pilot/Builder
Yes, I just saw the YouTube video for the simple cub. It looks like fun. I just need to find more money so I can order more stuff��

647hotrod

Rookie Pilot/Builder
My tiny trainer is starting to look like one very visible plane!! IMG_1685.JPG hope my engine is big enough!

Very nice. What motor and setup are you running? Also where are you getting your foam board? I've bought elmers from Dolarama and new adams from Dollar Tree, but actually managed to get old adams from kidders (local school supply shop). Curious about the coloured foam you're using.

647hotrod

Rookie Pilot/Builder
My wife picked it up for me. Not sure if it was dollar tree or dollarama the paper on it is kinda heavy, and glued really well, I had to tape my folded edges to prevent breaking. My motor has some issues. It's listed below. But it's not producing much thrust. I think the set screw is loose and the shaft is slipping. My dad is bringing over a tiny hex driver set tomorrow that hopefully will fix it. I'm ordering some 2205 2300kv motors tonight, and a 3s battery. Hopefully that gets me airborne.

Yeah should be much better with a properly working smaller motor.. Talking about the foam board options, just wanted to mention, in case you didn't know already, Great Hobbies is Flite Tests Canadian Distributor and they have a location in Mississauga. They carry most flite test products including power packs as well as their water resistant foam board. Haven't gone there yet but plan to especially for the WR foam and their special glue sticks.

Also, just from my experience. If you plan on doing any morning flying, the morning dew will kill your plane. Not sure if you've seen the minwax polyurethane video but that has helped a lot.

647hotrod

Rookie Pilot/Builder
My crashing is the biggest problem these days, and finding a small enough Allen key to tighten my motor. I know about great hobbies, I have a wish list there too. My neighbor is probably going to order a kit or 2 soon. I have more time than budget right now.

647hotrod

Rookie Pilot/Builder
Oh and packing tape. I put it on my bottom and leading edges. I learned about moisture with my first plane. It picked up an incredible amount for weight flying near puddles and on wet concrete.

theflyingturk

i like gliders
whats going on guys? i live in scarborough and just got into RC planes! have had some very bad luck building mulitple FT kits, and all of them failed horribly. both speed build and scratch.