Anybody in the Inland Empire of So Cal?

herbertjalarcon

Elite member
Greetings Flite Test Fans!
Anyone in the Inland Empire of So Cal? I was thinking it would be cool to have a meet up out here, since we have such nice weather during the winter...
Any one game?

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I’m not TOO far from IE; I live in the north county of San Diego, and our flying field is about 15 min south of Temecula. 😁 A meetup is certainly possible, just depends on where/when for me as I’m kinda busy until mid-April unless you want to come down to San Diego (I have club events, a drone field I’m working on for our club, and an all encompassing 10th wedding anniversary, that if that gets missed for RC, will likely result in a divorce and her taking all of my RC aircraft lol)

herbertjalarcon

Elite member
I’m not TOO far from IE; I live in the north county of San Diego, and our flying field is about 15 min south of Temecula. 😁 A meetup is certainly possible, just depends on where/when for me as I’m kinda busy until mid-April unless you want to come down to San Diego (I have club events, a drone field I’m working on for our club, and an all encompassing 10th wedding anniversary, that if that gets missed for RC, will likely result in a divorce and her taking all of my RC aircraft lol)
I'm in Hemet...so like 45 mins from you...we have a big airfield and nice dirt runway...but I'm all up for heading down...Just went to the zoo today! After April lets do a FT get together...

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Man, I could do for a little SoCal sunshine right about now! lol Maybe I should come fly! Its only 1400 miles IIRC... Been a while since I was in Temecula!
One thing that still cracks me up, Californians always give distance in minutes... we do miles... I live 30 miles from town now, which (as we drive around here) is more like 20 min. Its a lot closer than that 30 miles from Oceanside to San Diego! I've had that drive take me 3 hours!

herbertjalarcon

Elite member
Man, I could do for a little SoCal sunshine right about now! lol Maybe I should come fly! Its only 1400 miles IIRC... Been a while since I was in Temecula!
One thing that still cracks me up, Californians always give distance in minutes... we do miles... I live 30 miles from town now, which (as we drive around here) is more like 20 min. Its a lot closer than that 30 miles from Oceanside to San Diego! I've had that drive take me 3 hours!
So true...

herbertjalarcon

Elite member
What club do you fly with...I'd love to come down...

sprzout

Mentor
What club do you fly with...I'd love to come down...

I'm with Palomar RC Flyers. We fly on the northeast corner of the 15 and 76 freeways in Fallbrook/Bonsall. :) I'm usually there on the weekends flying either fixed wing or quads. If you come down, you're welcome to visit the field and fly - just make sure you have AMA and you check in with a board member or other qualified pilot to get an orientation so you know where NOT to fly (i.e., over the 15 freeway, near the power lines that kinda cut through our parking area), the general flying pattern for the field, etc. :)

sprzout

Mentor

LOL and that is why we quote in minutes rather than miles! :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO: From my apartment to the field is 24-26 mi., depending on which way I take, but with lights, the shorter route can take longer at 6:30 on a Saturday morning. At 5 pm on a Monday, though? The longer route using the 78 and 15 freeways can take an hour and a half to go 26 mi...

herbertjalarcon

Elite member
I'm with Palomar RC Flyers. We fly on the northeast corner of the 15 and 76 freeways in Fallbrook/Bonsall. :) I'm usually there on the weekends flying either fixed wing or quads. If you come down, you're welcome to visit the field and fly - just make sure you have AMA and you check in with a board member or other qualified pilot to get an orientation so you know where NOT to fly (i.e., over the 15 freeway, near the power lines that kinda cut through our parking area), the general flying pattern for the field, etc. :)
Thanks! Looking forward to meeting sometime!

jamboree1

LOL and that is why we quote in minutes rather than miles! :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO: From my apartment to the field is 24-26 mi., depending on which way I take, but with lights, the shorter route can take longer at 6:30 on a Saturday morning. At 5 pm on a Monday, though? The longer route using the 78 and 15 freeways can take an hour and a half to go 26 mi...
And that's on a good day

Jimun

Elite member
I am in Banning, CA and been flying for just over a year. Let me know when you plan to meet up. I will see if I can make it. I am with the club American Model Airport Association that has a rc field just west of Beaumont.

herbertjalarcon

Elite member
I am in Banning, CA and been flying for just over a year. Let me know when you plan to meet up. I will see if I can make it. I am with the club American Model Airport Association that has a rc field just west of Beaumont.
Do you fly at fisherman's Retreat?

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
Wait, all these people who fly in So.Cal.? I thought I was all alone LOL! (not really)

I'm in Irvine and fly either in Costa Mesa or Corona (Prado Airpark). I'm not always able to drive very far, but I have been known to make it down to Torrey Pines on occasion. I'd like to at least KNOW what/when/where y'all are planning. :)