Anybody up for a big project Flite Fest East 2018?

Pigfarm1403

Builder
At Flite Fest East 2017 I brought an 8ft wingspan Lancaster bomber to fly at the event. Although it was a lot of fun I did not get the satisfaction of working with a group of people. I have four escs, four b pack motors, lots of battery's, a cnc machine, and a 3D printer. Is anybody interested in building a large six engine airplane like a B-36 or a Ju-390? The plane would preferably be a military plane with props and not edfs. I could also see doing a plane like the Ilya Muroments.

Last edited:

b-29er

I'm working on a 18' b-36, currently in design phases. Will be a mix of foam/balsa buildup and 3d printed.

Last edited:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Is that a good idea to openly post your number mate? You probably should edit that to have people pm you here THEN you can pass it out in a little safer manor.

b-29er

You thinking print/cut it out and assemble onsite @ ff2018 or what?

Its sounding like one build of each, Pig and i are designing one to be built before, and there may be a lite version (lacks some features like retracts) built on-site.

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
I would love to partake in this event! I plan on bringing a large plane to fly here as well, maybe we can fly them together?

b-29er

Some formation flying might make a good video for your channel, i'm good for that if Pig's up for it.

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
That would be really cool, I might add some parasite planes to mine because why not? Or maybe do a giant toothpick glider drop!

b-29er

That would be really cool, I might add some parasite planes to mine because why not? Or maybe do a giant toothpick glider drop!

Considering the crowd during the drop and pilots who will be walking out onto the field afterwards, maybe not a toothpick glider?

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
wish i was going.... well i want to see what you guys come up with!! i would love to help in design if that is at all possible!! good luck!!!

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
I kinda want to do it at least once but I would have to get it cleared by FT of course. Also any that I dropped I would give away, I don't have any need for hundreds of them. I was also thinking of marking a few of them special so that people would be encouraged to find them and bring them back to me for a prize, like a pack of tooth pick gliders or a shirt for a really rare special glider.

b-29er

I'm just saying from a safety aspect, dozens of unguided toothpicks with wings may be a little unsafe unless you're doing a redesign or something.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Staple Glider Bomb instead

Considering the crowd during the drop and pilots who will be walking out onto the field afterwards, maybe not a toothpick glider?

maybe instead a stapler glider pack. Small and don't have to worry about poking your eyes you on accident.

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
Staple planes are a lot harder to make and are much more dangerous than toothpick gliders lol, I could just move the wing forward on the toothpicks and add glue to the nose if the point is really the concern, and they weigh so little and fly so slow I doubt that they could hurt anyone or anything.

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
unleeeessss..... they hit a bunch of people in the eyes, blinding them permanently. then someone who is currently flying another big plane that is full of fireworks cant see so it crashes into a crowd of people and explodes.