anybody use VBar Neo for speed?

Frank22

hello everyone,
I'm returning to helis and speed helis after a few year's break in the hobby. A lot has happened while I was away and new gear has come to market as well.

I'm planning to build a new speed heli and was wondering about the current state of flybarless.

From recollection, Bavarian Demon and BeastX seemed to be the gyros of choice for speed (and I used them in the past). I was wondering if anyone here runs VBar Neo for speed? If not, are there any reasons why not?

Last edited:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
hello everyone,
I'm returning to helis and speed helis after a few year's break in the hobby. A lot has happened while I was away and new gear has come to market as well.

I'm planning to build a new speed heli and was wondering about the current state of flybarless.

From recollection, Bavarian Demon and BeastX seemed to be the gyros of choice for speed (and I used them in the past). I was wondering if anyone here runs VBar Neo for speed? If not, are there any reasons why not?

Not many here fly helis let alone speed helis. most are micro / mini size and the more knowledgeable ones are more scale. your best chance getting any answers or at least a direction to look for better answers would be to Pm @F106DeltaDart he is our best guru on helis here. I know a little but nothing on the level you are asking about.

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
hello everyone,

I’m pretty much a just scale helis guy, but from what I’ve heard most of the competition pilots (both speed and F3C) are using the Futaba CGY760 now. I mostly fly the ikon/Brain2, so I dont have any experience with it.