Anycopter problem

Danishpig

It's the second times that while i'm up in the air the tri does a loop and fall on the ground, is it normal ? I'm using kk2 1.2 with self-level and they all have the same motors. I can't understand why because it's flying nice at low altitude.

EDIT: I'm uploading a video to show the problem, it's currently uploading and I hope it gets up in the next hours.

Last edited:

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
The 1.2 is notorious for it's bad autolevel. You want to give some serious thought to upgrading the firmware to 1.5 or later (I haven't looked lately to see what is totally current)

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
Auto-level in 1.2 is very "loose" at best. Meaning, no matter how hard you try and tighten it up, it's very sluggish to recover.

1.5 can be made to snap back level pretty much as crisply as you desire.

Danishpig

The problem is I haven't received the programming usb and I'm on holiday in Danemark, I really hoped that I could get some amating footage. I guess it isn't possible to upgrade it wihout the usb.

Btw the video is now uploaded:

kah00na

Your best bet may be to just get it up in the air and then turn off the auto-level and practice flying without it until you get your firmware updated.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Your best bet may be to just get it up in the air and then turn off the auto-level and practice flying without it until you get your firmware updated.
I'll second that. The auto level has caused more crashes on that version... That's why almost everyone updates as soon as they get it. I know you didn't have the USB to do that, so went with what you had, (which is something I would have done also!) I just don't want you to destroy your tri by using the autolevel, thinking it will be your friend...

Danishpig

I'm getting back to where I live next week (Switzerland), i'll try to fly as less as possible, it will be hard because I loooooove it. I've ordered a USBasp not so long ago and hope to get it soon, I also have the apm 2.6 that should come that I really can't wait to try out

Danishpig

After loosing my tricopter and building a new one with the Bat Bone I wanted to thank everyone. I'm very happy and can't wait to do fpv one day with it.

Really, thank you all for helping with out with my first one.

Sincerly, Danishpig

Last edited: