Anycopter Quad prop rotoation type and mounting direction?

Fade2Gray

Hi Everyone,

I'm in the process of completing my first Anycopter quad which l have ordered the props as listed by Chad. I noticed the props were all the same type i.e. Standard Rotation (RH Rotation). I've noticed that Chad's prop list didn't list any RL rotation props?

Should l order some RL rotation props even though they weren't specified on the parts list?
OR
Do l simply use two of the existing RH props and mount them with the prop lettering facing the ground applying the following;

Clockwise motor rotation = Standard Rotation (RH Rotation) prop mounted with the prop lettering facing the sky

Counter clockwise rotation = Standard Rotation (RH Rotation) prop mounted with the prop lettering facting the ground

As you can tell, l am very new to this in which this is my first quad copter build which l would appreciate your help for succesful takeoff.

Thanks in advance

earthsciteach

You can't just flip the props. Props are directional. The quad would behave very badly! You need to order a pair of standard rotation and a pair of RH rotation props. Actually, you should order a couple of pairs of each.

Fade2Gray

You can't just flip the props. Props are directional. The quad would behave very badly! You need to order a pair of standard rotation and a pair of RH rotation props. Actually, you should order a couple of pairs of each.

Oh, ok, that is annoying, makes you wonder why Flitestest did not list this in their part list for this anycopter.

Ok, l will look to order the RH rotation props and place these onto the motors tunring clockwise?

i.e. RH props mounted on (x2) clockwise turning motors
LH props mounted on (x2) anticlockwise turning motors

Thanks again !!

earthsciteach

Which list did you look at? Both rotations are noted in the list posted under the Anycopter Hub Build Episode.