Anyone in MD??

jsut210

Expert Crash-Lander
Yup! I live here and I'm a member of the Free State Aeromodelers. In my opinion we have one of the nicest clubs in MD.

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
I would agree! Freestate has a great group of members and a superb club field. Been there many times for their events. Gary is a superb craftsman! I'm in Frederick. Our humble little club is dwindling unfortunately.

Konkilr

Yes. Another marylander here. Western maryland. I have a friend in hagerstown that I fly with occasionally. Just finished my FT viggen. And have been working the bugs out of my FT mustang. About to start another nutball swappable and then a bloody wonder.

Jake

ttprigg

We are in Baltimore.
Maybe there are enough folks in the area to find a park somewhere and get together occasionally for a mini "flite-fest" like they have started in NJ...:D

bacpck

Hey, include me in that notice if you think about doing it. I live in Virginia but work in MD and DE a lot. We sell to electric utilities so I am all over MD and DE going to the cooperatives and electric municipals.

In the last two weeks I have been in Milford, Lewes, Thurmont, Berlin, Denton, Seaford, Frederick and a few others. I would love to get a chance to come up and fly with some of my neighbors up north.

Hi western Baltimore County here. I fly in local parks or school fields. Be interested in meeting with some others to learn some more.

Konkilr

We are in Baltimore.
Maybe there are enough folks in the area to find a park somewhere and get together occasionally for a mini "flite-fest" like they have started in NJ...:D

You get something like this started and I will happily make the trek from out west to join in! Only built 3 FT planes so far but already have 3 more in the works. Not bad for only my second year of flying. I think FT has created an addiction for me!

jake

captfelix

Yep, I'm from northern MD, I enjoy flying out of local school parks and other smaller fields, but unfortunately, unlike Ohio where FT is based, Maryland has a lot of trees. Looking forward for Flite Fest 2015!

rybwod

Foam Flyer
I currently live in California (Southern Maryland), fly with Patuxent Aeromodellers in Hollywood, but I spend a lot of time in the Bel-Air area as well.

(What's with Maryland trying to be California? lol)

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
To those in MD and maybe just close by, there is a fantastic fly-in coming up in late June. I've been to this event for the past 5 years and it has never been a disappointment. Many scale aircraft and some just plain fun things too. Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend this year. I will be out of town working for the three weeks prior to the event and I will need to get some family time in before heading to FTFF. I highly encourage you to attend if you can. You will not regret it. THe field is very nice and the people in the club there are just good fun.

Attachments

• Airplanes_of_the_World_2015.pdf
    171.9 KB · Views: 22

N4RF

Maryland Fliers

Live in central Maryland and fly out of the South Carroll field in Sykesville. The field is at the old (and still operating) mental hospital. The field is wide open but there is a plane-eating creek near by.

Would love to see at flite-test get together

Centus

I live in Annapolis, and fly at the Navy Stadium parking lot as well as a few other places nearby. Sign me up for the Flitefest Mid-Atlantic!

Montiey

Master Tinkerer
I live in Bethesda, there is a huge radio tower field near us but there is also the DC-RC club in Gaithersburg that I fly at. Just maidened my Versa wing there :).

Centus

Last night I flew my new FT Flyer w/ BEEF at the baseball field at the Pip Moyer Rec Center in Annapolis. It was getting dark, but the field was lit up with halogens! There was no game on, so having the lights on was a pleasant surprise. Cool place to fly at night sometimes.