Anyone in Southern FL. ?

Mac82

Foam scraps? I got plenty
I'm in Stuart. Hey jackson7718, I'm only about 10 mi away. And jaz84 where do you fly I

jayz 84

Posted a thousand or more times
I'm in Stuart. Hey jackson7718, I'm only about 10 mi away. And jaz84 where do you fly I

Ive been flying alone for awhile now. The local club site seems just too small for me. So i fly at a housing development that was nerver built on. It on martin highway on your left just before you get onto I-95. Tons of space with no one to mess with you . And choice of grass or asphalt landing strip

Mac82

Foam scraps? I got plenty
Martin hwy and I 95 ? That sounds like palm city. I usually go to the field next to the Martin mamorial south hospital or the soccer fields off kanner just before I 95
Perhaps we should have a meet up one of these days

jayz 84

Posted a thousand or more times
Martin south is like 5min from me. Did not know there was a spot there. But if your talk about the park and soccer feild i think your talking about. Ive been thinking about flying there but wasn't sure if they would be against it.
But we should definitely meet up some time

wilanz

Just catching up on the thread. I'm also in Stuart area. That spot off Martin Hwy looks great! i've been driving up to St Lucie and way out west to Alapatha Flats for something like that.

I also fly at the local clubs and Cove Rd by the hospital. Lets meet up and fly!

William
561-351-1376
wilanz@gmail.com

nwnugget

Hello people in Stuart. I am in Port Saint Lucie. Have you all ever gotten together to fly? Where is the best place to learn?

I got hooked on FliteTest and I enjoy making things, so now there is a Mini Arrow and a Tiny Trainer in my dining room that have me wanting to try to fly them.

When you started to fly did you just walk outside and chuck one into the air and figure it out from there or what?

dandiggz

Hey guys!!!! looking for some flying buddies!!!! Im down in South Miami but ive been wanting to try Markham Park. Looks like a good spot to fly plus we can make it a BBQ day as well. Lets start up a group

DannyPSL

Hi All,

I'm in about the same boat, I've been trying to learn on my FT Flyer at Jessica Clinton parks soccer feild, but now that season is in I don't dare fly there. I checked out both the Martin highway development and Allapatha flats WMA - both look better than the park, I didn't see a single person. I also checked out McCarty Ranch Preserve which is a city park and it also looks promising, but I need to email the city because it looks like they don't allow gas powered RC planes or just RC planes in general, but it's huge with a few good places.

Last edited:

DannyPSL

Follow up

Called the City of PSL about McCarty Ranch and it seems that electric RC airplanes are allowed in the park!

Last edited:

bustaphoto

BUSTAPHOTO
Let's All Fly on Tuesday

I've been flying with a couple friends weekly at Flamingo Park on Tuesdays. We meet at the baseball field there at around 8pm, the light stay on until like 3am. There is also a cement area between two buildings that shield the wind great for those days it's too windy. PM me for more details if you wanna come through!

Hey guys!!!! looking for some flying buddies!!!! Im down in South Miami but ive been wanting to try Markham Park. Looks like a good spot to fly plus we can make it a BBQ day as well. Lets start up a group

jack10525

Hey Guys checking in from Homestead Fl. It's actually considered greater miami area. I'm down by the nascar race track. Lots of good open fields down here. Only problem is the wind and rain!!!

nwnugget

Called the City of PSL about McCarty Ranch and it seems that electric RC airplanes are allowed in the park!

I realize this has been quiet for a while, but I play disc golf out at McCarty most Sundays. There is PLENTY of room out there to fly. There has been a few photo quads out there some weekends.

RCLucas

Markham Park is a great airfield, that's where I fly! Your welcome to come down anytime, you will need to register with the AMA, and purchase a yearly 24$ pilots pass to be able to fly! Quads and helis have a flight area, parkflyers and UMX also have a separate flying area! Bring anything you want, from UMX to turbine jets!