Anyone in the Southern PA region?

earthsciteach

Hey, guys. Just found this section on FT. It seems someone has been a sneaky little Monkey and slipped this one in without my knowledge.

I'm located in York County, PA. Anyone nearby?

ViperTech

Hi, I am in York County, PA
Name is Gerald Cook I live in Dover not far from D'Town, Graduated from Red Lion

earthsciteach

Well, heck! I live in D'town!
Oh, I suppose you saw that. LOL!

My name is Patrick Murphy. Let me know if you want to get together sometime, once this poar vortex crap goes away.

ViperTech

Sounds good, where do you fly? I have a few places, Dover intermediate school, my church in east york top of north hills road and at city view community church on certain days. I would love to find an indoor site for smaller foamy birds, maybe a school would allow it in a gym but don't know who to ask about that.

earthsciteach

Mostly I fly in the small field behind my house. But, I teach at Cedar Cliff High School, so I fly on the grounds there, at Red Land HS or one of the middle schools in the West Shore District. I could prob get access to a gym on the weekend.

ViperTech

Well sounds like you have a few places also, I do know of a club near by in Manchester. I went to one of their fun flys and it was ok, but you have to have a AMA membership to fly and can only fly 3 times before joining the club for $50.00 for the year. not sure of that yet. It is called York Area Radio Control Club. I did get a AMA membership because of the insurace coverage they give you.
Lets keep in touch and get together when we thaw out! OH two guys I work with also fly and I am sure a group will be even more fun :)

offaxis

I'm located up in Palmyra Pa. I'm new to the hobby and love what the Flite Test guys are doing. I wish I could get more involved.

earthsciteach: it looks like you are rather involved with FT. Congrats on the Storch. I would love to meet and help the FT guys.

PhenomPilot

Welcome Ground loop! I am up near Reading area and might have to host a get together at my place this spring and do some flying.

bobmac73

Name is Bob McCarthy. I'm in Washington Pa. Just getting back into the hobby! Love what these FT guys are doing for the hobby! Can't wait to build! All my old gear should still work but I come from the land of MHz and nicads. Gettin a lot of education here!

aldalo

Alan
Name is Bob McCarthy. I'm in Washington Pa. Just getting back into the hobby! Love what these FT guys are doing for the hobby! Can't wait to build! All my old gear should still work but I come from the land of MHz and nicads. Gettin a lot of education here!

Hi Bob
My name is Alan, I'm from Washington also ( Gabby Heights )
I've been flying about 3 years. I'm better at building than flying !
Maybe we can fly sometime when the weather's nice.

bobmac73

Hi Bob
My name is Alan, I'm from Washington also ( Gabby Heights )
I've been flying about 3 years. I'm better at building than flying !
Maybe we can fly sometime when the weather's nice.

Hey Alan, we should definitely fly. I'm over in Wolfdale. I got permission to fly in the soccer field behind my church's youth center over in Houston, PA. I don't know what you're flying but if its hand thrown and/or can land in grass I'm sure it'll work... After the snow melts off of course.

PM me and we'll figures something out.

bobmac73

I am about an 90 min south east in harford county MD. I would make the drive for a meetup. Just started flying.

If you're willing to make the trip up here (when it warms up a little) I'm sure we can figure out something. Like I told Alan, I have a grass field available. Have yet to fly there but as soon as I get an opportunity to try it I'm going to. Just finished repairing my wing yesterday. Hopefully you can find some fellow pilots a little closer to home. Would make it more enjoyable if you didn't have all that driving.

andguent

Hey all, adding one more from Southeast PA. I'm out near King of Prussia in montgomery county. Coastesville, Lancaster, and Reading are all definitely in driving range. York shouldn't be a problem if I make a day of it. I'll second the "$50+$50 per year" membership fee distaste.

Anyone fly multi-rotors or just planes here? I'm just starting with learning a toy quad indoors, but absolutely itching to find the cash for a starter FPV setup.

PhenomPilot

Welcome to the group andguent! It sounds like most of us have a mixed bag. I have a tri, 2quads, micro heli, and many foam planes. Looking forward to the snow melting so I can do some more fpv flying!

Ground loop

Free Flight Indoorist
Phenompilot how big is your place? If you have a get together Id like to bring some freeflight planes too.

offaxis

Phenompilot how big is your place? If you have a get together Id like to bring some freeflight planes too.

There is a large park up the street from his place. Two soccer fields and 2 ball fields with a pavilion area and plenty of parking.

Google Maps: 11 Solly Ln, Bernville PA and you will see the size of the park.

nevenelestate

No Agenda FPV
I am from York, PA, but currently live in MD. I have brought some of my planes along when visiting family though. Saw posts on RCG about a York group doing some water flying out at Lake Redman last year, would love to get my micro Icon A5 out there.