Anyone keen to build and fly A Super simple plane?

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
hi guys, i've got a SUPER SIMPLE (trainer) plane that i would like some guys to build and let me know what they think of it.
i've built one myself and it flies beautifully.
so i would now like to finalize the plans.
it runs on an A power pack, and 2 servos.

Please pm me if you're interested

Regards Matthew @ Bush Hawk RC

Tench745

Master member
What does it look like? How big is it? What does it do differently than a different simple trainer?

In short, tell us why we would want to test your design.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
What does it look like? How big is it? What does it do differently than a different simple trainer?

In short, tell us why we would want to test your design.
Ok, It is designed to be a ridiculously simple trainer, with no curves, and only flat sides, along with minimum bevels, and cavities.
iirc, it only has 7 pieces in total, and is very durable.
the flight style is slow and gentle, perfect for a beginner.
it is also impossible* to get wrong, and even if you do build it wonky, it'll still fly well.

I will send pics a bit later

Beaver5150

I've been thinking the same lately.
A simple wings and tail on a wood dowel rod and miniature electrics.
My reason is to have a basher plane for a cheap flight controller that I don't trust for my good planes.

Beaver5150

It's very possible to build any plane wrong. You vastly under estimate the creativity of new builders. They will come up with ingenious ways you never even considered to make even the simplest plane fly wonky.
Right? My fault is seemingly always ending up tail heavy and having to build forward to get more weight to front.

Aslansmonkey

It's very possible to build any plane wrong. You vastly under estimate the creativity of new builders. They will come up with ingenious ways you never even considered to make even the simplest plane fly wonky.
I probably built six wonky planes before I got one that flew when I first started out. Some were wonky because of twists in the wings or other surfaces caused by a new builder. Some were just built out of the wrong foam board (Walmart board is MUCH heavier than DTFB).

But I kept trying and finally got a Simple Cub to fly.

Crashed that pretty soon after, of course, and a few more, but finally got a winner with the Simple Scout.

I'm interested in this build to teach my middle child. I have a Tenet he's been trying, but something slower and floatier would be advantageous.

Beaver5150

I probably built six wonky planes before I got one that flew when I first started out. Some were wonky because of twists in the wings or other surfaces caused by a new builder. Some were just built out of the wrong foam board (Walmart board is MUCH heavier than DTFB).

But I kept trying and finally got a Simple Cub to fly.

Crashed that pretty soon after, of course, and a few more, but finally got a winner with the Simple Scout.

I'm interested in this build to teach my middle child. I have a Tenet he's been trying, but something slower and floatier would be advantageous.
I use FB from Dollar General, I assume is same brand as DT. I rarely go in a Walmart these days. Occasionally I use the trifold boards when I want thinner board.

Beaver5150

Yeah, that's pretty much the size and weight I was thinking about. I'd probably put an 1806/2200 on that. It would scream on 3S.