Anyone know where to find Aerodynamic diagrams?

Josephi

Hi,

I am building my first RC plane right now, a FT Mighty Mini Tiny Trainer MKR2.

I am looking for aerodynamic diagrams for this plane similar to the example image I attached to this post.

If anyone knows where I could find this information please let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I plan to use the diagrams for a livery based on the airflow of the plane.

Attachments

• Airflow.jpg
    Airflow.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 0

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Hi,

I am looking for aerodynamic diagrams for this plane similar to the example image I attached to this post.

If anyone knows where I could find this information please let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

you could cad it up in fusion360 which is free, get some good cad experience and then use its simulating tools to simulate airflow. I dont think that anyone has tried doing that yet, it isn't that important for these small models.

Inq

Elite member
Hi,

:ROFLMAO: I feel certain Josh does not do Computational Fluid Dynamics on his designs before building and flying them. 3D CFD as you have illustrated is expensive in computational time and learning curve. It isn't even taught at the undergraduate level... only masters and doctorate level aerospace engineering programs.

Piotrsko

Master member
Just to add: cfd is also full scale. Models don't simulate well because of physics. There are aero modeller prediction programs online that kinda sorta maybe predict flows..........

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Well you could find one of a Cessna or something like that and use that. It would be a good approximate.

Or, guestimate what it should look like and do that!