Help! Anyone live in Rome, Italy?

mayan

Legendary member
Ok so I have a problem I so badly want to fly for this event: https://forum.flitetest.com/index.p...e-january-1st-invitational.60928/#post-520799 but will not be in Israel on that date I'll actually be in Rome, Italy.

I actually have this date saved in the calendar on my phone so my wife knows not to open an afternoon shift for me on that day, but then something else happened. My wife wanted to go for a vacation during Christmas and New Year also having my birthday being on the 10/01. I pulled up the shelves and started getting the trip arranged, being dying to take the kids aboard again for a long time now, so completely forgot about the 01/01 date I had saved. So here is where I need someones help, during the 30/12 to the 08/01 I'll be with the whole family in Rome, Italy; anyone lives close by, has a Spitfire, a flying field near by, and is willing to let me fly it on the 01/01 afternoon weather permitting of course. I do have a problem taking my own Spitfire (size, carry method, etc.), but don't mind bringing in my electronics (motor,esc,servos, etc.).

Any body want to fly a Spitfire with me at Rome, Italy on the 01/01?

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Sorry mate the closest I come to Rome is Rome New York.

On a bright note if you are anything like me you will be too busy and wide eyed to see all the beautiful architecture and art from the history of Rome. I got the chance to do a full day tour there when I was in the Navy. We anchored off Naples and there was an organised tour to Rome. I shot over 25 rolls of film alone in the Vatican. Pretty much how I learned composition and light management as no flash photography was allowed. Also learned I needed to invest in special lens to shoot buildings so they all didnt look trapezoidal so although beautiful all the building shots were off just enough to make you go hrmmm.

mayan

Legendary member
@PsyBorg what you got your account back? I've been to Rome already :/, technically going because of New Year aboard is more fun and the kids never been to Rome. Plus my wife is Italian so, Italy as is a place I've been to.

mayan

Legendary member
@mayan is there any way you could build a mini spitfire (maybe you @Grifflyer would give you his plans) and you could pack it in. I'll bet it would fit in a suitcase...
If he is willing to send me the plans I can consider it. My problem as of now is that I have no clue where I could even fly in the area without being in trouble, hence I need a local RC pilot. I could also build one there without a lot of issues but wouldn't want to carry it back as well, so still need a local pilot to gift it to him after that one maiden :).

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
If he is willing to send me the plans I can consider it. My problem as of now is that I have no clue where I could even fly in the area without being in trouble, hence I need a local RC pilot. I could also build one there without a lot of issues but wouldn't want to carry it back as well, so still need a local pilot to gift it to him after that one maiden :).
Is there be a hobby shop you could call for info?

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Honest haven't searched for one, was hoping to find a local flitetester there :/. I'll search for one online but not going to bust my balls over it. I want to get some time with the family and this would only be a benefit.
Yeah, I get it. No big deal if you can’t make the challenge - just enjoy the vacation and time with your family! :)

K3V0

Elite member
I have no clue where I could even fly in the area
I can imagine the post now. “A foamy thing happened on the way to the forum....”
1576717477878.gif

😉