Anyone using DJI with APM?

Hi everyone.
I am having a hell of a time.
So I've build 2x DJI 450 and one DJI 550. Sometimes with GPS sometimes not.
All successful builds with flights.

I thought I'd try some other systems out there. I have the KK2 on order but I also picked up the $200 arudpilot 2.6 from DIYDrones.com.

This baby looks REALLY sweet in terms of specs.

Anyhow - has anyone tried successfully to get it working with DJI equipment?
I am using DJI motors, ESC, and frame plus an additional BEC to power everything since the DJI OPTI30 don't have BECs.

I've got everything configured up correctly - tried default and lower P values on the rate. Did the CLI motor test (looks good) but as soon as I try to take off it wants to flip (the direction of the flip seems to be random).

Thing is driving me bonkers so I put together a video showing that the motor direction/props and sequence, as well as the APM board orientation are all correct. I've posted on the DIYDrone forums and now I'm posting here - hoping to connect with someone who's done what I'm trying to do. I've heard there are people out there who have done it with claims of everything just worked with the defaults... but I'm not having that kinda luck.

HA!
Would you believe it.
It was working - just incredibly twitchy.
Didn't help that I had to rev all 3 directional controls.

It doesn't appear nearly as stable as the Naza - but I'm going to play around with navigational stuff on this quad more than anything. I'll use the Naza for camera stuff.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
I fly an APM2 on a DJI 450 Frame with DJI motors 10X4.7 DJI Props and 20A Skywalker ESC's. Stock setup on Firmware load 2.7 fly's great on mine. Make sure your APM is mounted on a vibration free mount. I use a Hobby King KK shipping container (foam box) for mine. Another method that works great is 4 post, 1 at each corner with an o-ring looped through the corner holes of the APM and tied to each associated post.

Thurmond

I fly an APM2 on a DJI 450 Frame with DJI motors 10X4.7 DJI Props and 20A Skywalker ESC's. Stock setup on Firmware load 2.7 fly's great on mine. Make sure your APM is mounted on a vibration free mount. I use a Hobby King KK shipping container (foam box) for mine. Another method that works great is 4 post, 1 at each corner with an o-ring looped through the corner holes of the APM and tied to each associated post.

Thurmond

I'm going to have to figure out a better mount for mine - something a little more secure but vibration resistant.
Thanks for the tip.