Offer Anyone want to buy a Legacy V2?

WillL84

Hey guys,

Thinking of selling my Legacy. I've had it since Christmas and I've been able to fly it exactly once. It's got an Aura 5 plus a DX6e transmitter (also have the RX that came with the DX6e). I've upgraded all the servos to the Emax metal gear ones after the crash on the first flight stripped one out. It's got 3D printed bombs mounted to the nacelles as well. I wanted to get into the hobby but with 4 kids ranging from 9 months to 10 years i just have zero time to get out.

Even when I have time I've got nowhere to go without joining a club and all that stuff, even then they're still 20-30 minutes away. I can't fly at my local high school as I found out (where I had the maiden) as it's within the no fly zone for the local regional airport.

So as it is this thing has spent its life hanging from the wheel holders I 3D printed for it. Also comes with a 3S 2200mAh battery and a GensAce lipo charger. I also bought the lipo upgrade for the TX as well as I got sick of changing AA batteries (I used the TX with Phoenix RC and RealFlight a lot)

I've got tons of extra from the cheap servos to pushrods, extra props etc. She's not perfect but she does fly. Open to offers, local pickup (Central MA) only, I'd also be willing to meet somewhere within reason.

395613_ddc6288c70266304d1a04db4c43ff3e4.jpg

Last edited:

WillL84

pick up a sport cub, you can fly them anywhere, even your backyard

I've got the FT Airliner that I bought for my daughter that I've flown in my backyard a few times (my backyard is actually still in the Worcester airport exclusion zone) and have gotten it stuck in a tree every time. Luckily I've gotten it out relatively undamaged every time at the expense of a very sore arm and shoulder for a few days afterwards.

Problem with that stupid thing is it only has an elevator and differential thrust so the turns are half-assed to begin with. It's such a PITA to control, you need to turn while keeping the throttle up until it banks and then use the elevator to "turn" it while banked. It's annoying AF. If I had more space (again) it'd be much easier to work with.

bisco

Elite member
i had the same problem, an acre of land but too many trees. i finally gave up and went to the local soccer field.
how far do you have to drive to get out of the exclusion zone?

WillL84

i had the same problem, an acre of land but too many trees. i finally gave up and went to the local soccer field.
how far do you have to drive to get out of the exclusion zone?

Looking at the map (https://faa.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=9c2e4406710048e19806ebf6a06754ad) my house is actually in a block with a 200' ceiling but it's a green block so I'd need prior auth to fly anyways.

faanofly.png

I do have permission to use a field that's owned by a friend of a friend (I have to call them first though) that's out near the Spencer State Forest and there used to be the Rocky Hill Flying Circus club in Oxford in the quarry but that's permanently closed from what I can find.

rhfc.png