Anyone with a Mobius out there?

earthsciteach

Just wondering if anyone on the forum has experience with the Mobius keychain camera. The reviews are impressive, but I haven't heard a "buzz" about it on FT.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Can you really bump something when nothing else has been posted to push it down on the list? I mean it's been bumped up from top position to the top position.

well here's another nudge to the top (30 minutes later), but drifted OT 3:)

(oh, and I think you're getting your answer . . . )

RoyBro

Mentor
I've blown by discretionary funds for quite a while with my FPV purchases recently, but I intend to order one of these as soon as I can sneak it in.

I'm going to have to put a few more things up on Craigslist or eBay. :p

Gooch

Mobius ActionCam

Just wondering if anyone on the forum has experience with the Mobius keychain camera. The reviews are impressive, but I haven't heard a "buzz" about it on FT.

Well I _had_one. Victim of a tragic tri-copter loss this weekend.
I intend to replace it. The video quality is exceptional, user interface (buttons) are trivial to master) and the mounting system allows you to lock down the "carriage" and still be able to securely slide the camera in and out of mount. Low light sensitivity is good enough I was able to film a fire spinning event quite nicely.

Well worth the cost, in my opinion.

-Gooch

RoyBro

Mentor
Jeremiah at Stone Blue Airlines has one. He says he's pretty impressed by it.

MidwestRob

I've been using my Mobius ActionCam for a couple of months now. It's a great little camera for the price. It's a definite improvement over the 808 keychain cameras. Here's some FPV footage I captured with the Mobius. I mounted it on a Mini-H quad.

Last edited:

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Man you totally rip through everything. I want to believe that was sped up, yet I know it was not...

MidwestRob

Man you totally rip through everything. I want to believe that was sped up, yet I know it was not...
Thank you. Yep, everything is played back at original speed. It's a very quick and agile little quad. You feel very small when flying it.

Midwestrob that was awesome. Do you have any pictures or build info on your quad.
Thanks, it's a fun little quad. Here's a couple pictures:
(You can find more info @ http://www.minihquad.com/)

Now you're just showing off! Awesome!

Haha, thanks. :eek:

Last edited:

MidwestRob

I'm using an OpenPilot CC3D flight controller on the Mini H. It's a great platform for a Mobius or keychain camera.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Can you pull a video signal off of it like you can the #16 and the Gopro? I use (well... used) my #16 as both recorder and FPV camera by using a USB cable. Since it's supposed to be made by the same designer, I'm hoping the Mobius can do the same...

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
I might just have to get one to try it, I still have to replace the one I managed to fry...:black_eyed: