AP ARGUS

AP ARGUS 2020-01-31 | Version 1.1

Please log in to download

AircPirateNinsei

airc-pirates.com
AircPirateNinsei submitted a new resource:

AP ARGUS - A foamboard recreation of the classic control line stunt model "Argus".

A foamboard recreation of the Argus (Greek God of the Sky) by Steve Wooley (1961):

View attachment 155892
Build Plan & Build Guide available!
Follow the support URL and watch the thread for more updates about the design.

GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS
WINGSPAN: 1100 mm | 43.31 in
LENGTH: 810 mm | 31.89 in
CG: 40 mm | 1.57 in
DRY WEIGHT: 502 g | 17.71 oz
ALL UP WEIGHT: 667 g | 23.53 oz (with 1600 mAh 4s)
WING LOADING: 28.9 g/dm² | 9.5 oz/ft²
WCL: 6
EXPO: 30 %...

Read more about this resource...

RustySocket

I used to attend a large control line event as a spectator and always thought the sleek look of the true CL stunt planes were beautiful. My CL skills ever got much past the basic 1/2a beginner pattern .

It looks spectacular just reading the OZ plan and article. I'll look further into what you have going with the conversion to RC foam board.

bobwalden

I too love the shapes of the classic C/L stunters, just see my Peacemaker made from Depron, using "Bob's Foam Factory Concept" it flies superbly, and can loop in about 1 second! It makes me laugh every time I fly it. Weighs 400 gms, uses about 60Watts
P1220313.JPG

leaded50

Legendary member
how was the characteristics on the plane flying? touchy,or? Warbird alike?

Last edited:

leaded50

Legendary member
Plans copyed, and ready for starting build soon... when foamboards comes in a few days ( needed ordering here locally) Gonna do some minor changes in plans first. Love this 30´s racer design.

bobwalden

I too love the shapes of the classic C/L stunters, just see my Peacemaker made from Depron, using "Bob's Foam Factory Concept" it flies superbly, and can loop in about 1 second! It makes me laugh every time I fly it. Weighs 400 gms, uses about 60Watts View attachment 157604
The Peacemaker flies great! It hand-launches very easily, flies on rails when doing smooth manoeuvres, yet is extremely nimble in tight loops. The roll-rate originally was poor so I increased the chord of the ailerons outboard, now it's great. Make one and see, it's an absolute BLAST ! ! ! !

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
The Peacemaker flies great! It hand-launches very easily, flies on rails when doing smooth manoeuvres, yet is extremely nimble in tight loops. The roll-rate originally was poor so I increased the chord of the ailerons outboard, now it's great. Make one and see, it's an absolute BLAST ! ! ! !
would it run a power pack c with a 3s 1500 or 2200?
@leaded50

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
if you had read the description , it says
RECOMMENDED SETUP (works with FT Power Pack B)
MOTOR: 935 kv (2212), PROPELLER: 8 x 4

So yes, powerpack C is even more speedy!! :). i used a 2827 motor
yea i saw that but it also said 4s... and i don not have a 4s battery so i was wondering whether c would work on 3s

leaded50

Legendary member
yea i saw that but it also said 4s... and i don not have a 4s battery so i was wondering whether c would work on 3s
it says a ALL UP WEIGHT: 667 g . What thrust can your motor give? Probarly more than 667g even at 3S by a "C" motor.
The Argus does have quite big wingarea, and with my motor its actually "overpowered" , even if mine get heavier at build.