AP Eazy 150% twin

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
@AircPirateNinsei was really nice to create an amazing trainer like the Eazy, and so I decided that since my club members told me it was better to have a large plane as a trainer rather than a small one, at 40 inches, a large one, and so I am trying to put two engines on the eazy. I made it to a 60 inch wingspan, at 150%, and so the project starts.

I just finished up the wing. I am trying to use less parts on the plans and just reuse them to print less out of paper.

Any tips would be happily accepted.

Here is the wing part.

Attachments

• AP EAZY 150% tiled wing.pdf
    357.4 KB · Views: 0
  • wing for enlarged AP EAZY.jpg
    wing for enlarged AP EAZY.jpg
    457.3 KB · Views: 0

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
have you done anything so big? @Quinnyperks , btw, I do not know how to build such larg things and wing spars when the motor is on the wing. do I need liek an aluminum or wood spar? or can I just rely on the dtfb spars

Depends on how big the wing and motor are, how far out the motors are mounted, how many Gs you plan on pulling with the craft, etc.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Depends on how big the wing and motor are, how far out the motors are mounted, how many Gs you plan on pulling with the craft, etc.
I plan on using it as a simple gentle trainer. the wing is 60 inches in wingspan and a 9 inch cord. The motors are a/f pack motors on 3s, and will be aroun 8-9 inches out to avoid the fuselage, but keep them in as close as possible. thinking of it as a motor glider. does the ft legacy have a wooden spar?

jpot1

Elite member
I would suggest something closer to 40”. At that size a piece of paint stick, wooden ruler or even some popsicle sticks can get you by as a spar.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
I would suggest something closer to 40”. At that size a piece of paint stick, wooden ruler or even some popsicle sticks can get you by as a spar.
the original is 40". I am making it I just realized at about a little less than 150, like 140 percent, for two motors, and a 3s 2200.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
have you done anything so big? @Quinnyperks , btw, I do not know how to build such larg things and wing spars when the motor is on the wing. do I need liek an aluminum or wood spar? or can I just rely on the dtfb spars
are you using polyhedral of dihedral?
if poly then just use some straight wood of aluminium right in the centre of the wing.
if using dihedral then use some wood cut at the correct angle, like the master series builds

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
are you using polyhedral of dihedral?
if poly then just use some straight wood of aluminium right in the centre of the wing.
if using dihedral then use some wood cut at the correct angle, like the master series builds
I dont know. could someone tell me which would be easier? also, how many degrees of it about? I was thinking of bending a aluminum spar for the dihedral, but from my experience that would be very hard to make precise,adn it still flexes alot.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
I dont know. could someone tell me which would be easier? also, how many degrees of it about? I was thinking of bending a aluminum spar for the dihedral, but from my experience that would be very hard to make precise,adn it still flexes alot.
dihedral would be a little harder as you would have to bend your spar. on mine i just clamped it in a vice and hit it with a hammer until it had approx 10 degrees of angle on it...

Piotrsko

Master member
30 degrees overall is kind of severe.

Glass and carbon fiber rely on a resin for binder and that resin can be relaxed by very cautious heat gun application. Definitely wont be a huge change.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member

Glass and carbon fiber rely on a resin for binder and that resin can be relaxed by very cautious heat gun application. Definitely wont be a huge change.
I do not have a heat gun. if not 30 degrees then how much?

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member

30degrees for polyhedral??? severe?

oops....
yea it is severe, 15 to 20 degrees looks better

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
hmm i'll have to try that my Explorer weights far to much with the 100gram aluminium spar in it...