AP Eazy (Pusher Trainer | FT Power Pack A or F | swappable)

dpapworth

Hi - just came across this plane/plans - but the plans link says the site is down for maintenance. Any update on when the plans will again be available? Thanks!

Doolou

Is there a recommended prop size, battery (and weight?) for best compromise of performance and efficiency?
1. ..for 5" (+/-) and 6"?
2. ...using FT Radial Power Pack F SE (incl micro servos)
3. ...with/without carbon shaft spar in wing?

Doolou

I probably should have clarified this:
FT Radial Power Pack F SE =
  • FT Radial 2206 2500kv Brushless Motor
  • FT 25 Amp ESC
  • FT ES9051 5g Digital Servos

Bo123

Elite member
hi ...avg kicked in as the site loaded ,i was able to download the file before avg closed the site ..and avg cleared the pdf file as ok !!!
avg free version 18.2.3046 virus definition 180313-4.....
just checked again and the site loads ok ,may have been a false positive !!!
dude that message is written like a spam message. I know your not spam though.

AircPirateNinsei

airc-pirates.com
@Doolou
And here's the Type-R setup for even more fun. Of course with a carbon spar. Since I used heavier foamboard on this model, I also needed a heavier battery for the perfect CG.
AP_Eazy_Typr_R_Card.jpg

Doolou

Prop: 5x3 or 5x5
Battery: 1250 3s/4s
Carbon: Yes if you are going 4s, probably on 3s.
Thats what is recomended.
@Doolou
And here's the Type-R setup for even more fun. Of course with a carbon spar. Since I used heavier foamboard on this model, I also needed a heavier battery for the perfect CG.
View attachment 231982
Thank you.
What does 'Type R' mean?
Is there a difference in the build plan compared to the Version 0.2 (2018-03-24)? This is what I am building.
Also, I have the FT power pack F SE which came with 25A ESC. Will this work for this type R configuration? I also have a 30A ESC but would have to change out connectors to work with the F motor. I also have some 5 inch (51499) 3-blade props I plan to use.
Also, I have some carbon arrow shafts but the smallest OD I have is ~7mm. My thinking is to trim the foam spars back so the carbon shaft will fit right under the front bend on top of airfoil. I would also move the ail servos back slightly to sit right behind carbon shaft.
Sorry for so many noob questions. I'm a maker and have some useful skills but this is first rc foamy build.

AircPirateNinsei

airc-pirates.com
@Doolou
Questions are always welcome!
"Type R" means race version and is inspired by Honda's Civic Type R car. The build plan is of course the same. To be here on the safe side, you should use a 30 A ESC for 4S, then you still have reserve at full thrust. And if you use a 3-blade propeller, then the load is still somewhat larger.
For the 7mm carbon rod you only have to remove some of the foam, that should not be a problem. It is best to glue it in front of the wing spar. If you put the servos further back, you need more weight in the nose for the perfect center of gravity. It's best to build the model with all the electronics and weigh out the CG to find the perfect battery weight.
Have fun!

RCGEO

STATUS: The maiden flight was successfully completed and the BETA-plan is published!

Box_Easy_1000_i.jpg

The AP Eazy is a Pusher Trainer that works with the FT Power Pack A or F. It has a FT Mini Power Pod. :D
If you want to build the Eazy with a 50mm EDF unit, you should check out the Eazy Ducted Fan!

SPECS:
WINGSPAN: 1000 mm | 39.37 in
DRY WEIGHT: 232 g | 8.18 oz
ALL UP WEIGHT: 335 g | 11.82 oz (with 3s 1250 mAh)
CHANNELS: 4 (THR | AIL | ELV | RUD)

DOWNLOAD:
ap_eazy_plan.jpg

DOWNLOAD FREE BUILD PLAN

PICTURES:
800x400_ap_eazy_001_i.jpg

800x400_ap_eazy_002_i.jpg
I printed the plans and cut out the foam pieces. Is there any build information in this area to build this correctlly? I already built the FT Explorer and followed the video provided by them. I like this smaller version and want to be sure I don't mess up the build sequence. If anyone can help it would be great. Thank you.
George

AircPirateNinsei

airc-pirates.com
@RCGEO

Hi George,
the process ist similar to the FT Explorer. Build the Eazy in the order of the part numbers (parts list) and insert the FT Mini Power Pod with the open side facing downwards into the Power Pod Nacelle so that the ESC can enter the fuselage.

Perhaps you will find this YT-Video usefull:

Have fun!

RCGEO

@RCGEO

Hi George,
the process ist similar to the FT Explorer. Build the Eazy in the order of the part numbers (parts list) and insert the FT Mini Power Pod with the open side facing downwards into the Power Pod Nacelle so that the ESC can enter the fuselage.

Perhaps you will find this YT-Video usefull:

Have fun!
Thank you. Excellent cutting technique! Will definitely help me on my build. (BTW Is there a way to slow this video down a bit?)

Last edited:

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Ive been meaning to build an Ap Eazy for a while now, anyone built a larger version ?
I built a 200 percent one I believe it was, with 2 2200kv 2207 race quad motors. It flew well but I built it all wacky, and it was a first plane that I built that big so I crashed it quickly. I do recommend building one though