AP Mini Mirage (swappable)

AircPirateNinsei

airc-pirates.com
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to test the Mirage with the fuel tanks yet.
Either the weather is bad (snow, storm, ...) or I am at work. :(

AircPirateNinsei

airc-pirates.com
Today was the day for the test flight with the fuel tanks - perfect flying weather - and it was successful! :D

800x450_AP_Mirage_305_i.jpg

The revised build plan (for free) is now available HERE.

Last edited:

T-Richard

love the looks of this..... I have a dead/dying micro edf. I may shrink this down a bit and build a micro edf version!!

AircPirateNinsei

airc-pirates.com
That sounds interesting! I have published the BETA plan for the EDF parts. Maybe you could use the parts. The exhaust tube is not yet optimal, I have to work on it.

T-Richard

I can certainly try to make use of it. It'll have to be light so I think ill make a kfm2 airfoil and de-paper a good deal of the foam where it's not needed for structure. I am going to probably give the T-45 micro edf a last flight over the holidsya since I fixed it and made some mods but ultimately I was looking for a Delta Jet I can make into a micro edf and this looks perfect.

T-Richard

IMG_20171227_142001.jpg

The plane and it's organ donor

I was concerned it would be a bit heavy but it's looking good and quite light too!

Haven't mounted the top yet tying to figure out where to mount the edf and how to make a thrust tube.

T-Richard

This looks great. What's the wingspan?

Thanks, it's 14 inches the same as the donor plane, tho I think the wing area is much larger which should help. I think I'll use the measurements from that t-45 to match the thrust tube and I'll put that together today. I may even add a rudder since I have the extra servo.

jaredstrees

Nice, looks like I may have just found the next home for my 50mm edf. Are the EDF plans in the link in the first post?

T-Richard

mini mirage.jpg

not 100% ready but nearly... weather is terrible as usual so may wait for the maiden for the next update. may also add rudder before the maiden since i am more in the workshop than out flying this winter

AircPirateNinsei

airc-pirates.com
I like the combination of red and black! :applause:

I had also thought about adding a rudder, but I couldn't find a suitable place for a servo in the fuselage. The only possibility I saw was to install the servo directly into the vertical stabilizer. That's what I will do with the version with 700 mm wingspan!

FlyingCurry

@AircPirateNinsei
Can you post a video of you launching the Mirage. My build is progressing well so my mind is running ahead to the maiden flight.

Attachments

• 46CABB4B-D08C-4F16-A148-0EECB5C9BCAE.jpeg
    46CABB4B-D08C-4F16-A148-0EECB5C9BCAE.jpeg
    886.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 3A60832E-7328-47D4-A752-AA3203AF9318.jpeg
    3A60832E-7328-47D4-A752-AA3203AF9318.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited: