AP Rascal Racer (700 mm | 27.56 in)

AircPirateNinsei

airc-pirates.com
... a 3-channel Funracer with the heart of a Funfighter (Speed ​​Setup).
Optionally you can build the Rascal with a shortened Mini Power Pod (Basic Setup).

FT ARTICLE | DOWNLOAD FREE BUILD PLAN AND STICKER SHEETS

Build plan updated to V1.1:
part 11 - horizontal stabilizer: changed the linetype of the elevator from cut to scorecut (was a mistake in V1.0)

If you want a larger version, look here: AP Rascal Racer (1000 mm | 39.37 in)

Last edited:

AircPirateNinsei

airc-pirates.com
Almost finished!

A few small changes to the plan and the sticker sets and the AP Rascal Racer is ready for publication.:cool:

w_Rascal_93_001.JPG

w_Rascal_93_002.JPG

Last edited:
Nice plane, when the plans are ready for use I'll put it on my build queue. (I have a friend at the local RC club that wants a fast plane). What's the suggested electronics package?

AircPirateNinsei

airc-pirates.com
Thanks. Two Setups have been tested.

Elektronics – Basic Setup (FliteTest Power Pack F works too)
Motor: 2300kv (DYS BE1806) with a shortened Mini Power Pod (swappable)
Propeller: 5×5 (Turnigy or APC)
ESC: 12A (HobbyKing 12A BlueSeries Brushless Speed Controller)
Servos: 3 x 5g (HXT500 or TGY-1440A)
Battery: 950mAh 3S (Turnigy nano-tech 950mAh 3S 25~50C Lipo Pack)

Elektronics – Speed Setup (Parts from a HK Funfighter)
Motor: 2825-1950kv Hobbyking Funfighter Replacement Brushless Outrunner
Propeller: 5.5×4.5 Hobbyking Funfighter Replacement Propeller
ESC: 20A 4S (HobbyKing 20A BlueSeries Brushless Speed Controller)
Servos: 3 x 9g (HXT900 or TGY-1800A)
Battery: 850mAh 4S (Turnigy nano-tech 850mAh 4S 25~50C Lipo Pack)

BobK

Banned
Yeah, I suppose making a good flying airplane before advertising it as a good flying airplane would be too easy. Then again, advertising it before it is a good flying airplane makes me lose interest.

AircPirateNinsei

airc-pirates.com
So far, I have prepared the following numbers and colors as sticker sheets:
w_number_color_list.JPG

For example number 42:
w_42.JPG

Other ideas are welcome! :)

Last edited:

AircPirateNinsei

airc-pirates.com
A charge? You are joking! :D

This is my hobby and I like to share my thoughts and creations for free. That's the idea of FliteTest and the FT Community.

As I said it's my hobby and so it takes some time until everything is done the way I want it to be.

Here is the first part (part 21) of the Rascal - the canopy. But it is not any canopy because it is John Rambozo's personal canopy!

Download disabled - was a personal file! :cool:

If someone wants to have a personal canopy, just send me a pm! As I said - it takes some time! The whole plan will follow soon! For free!

Last edited:

JohnRambozo

Posted a thousand or more times
A charge? You are joking! :D

This is my hobby and I like to share my thoughts and creations for free. That's the idea of FliteTest and the FT Community.

As I said it's my hobby and so it takes some time until everything is done the way I want it to be.

Here is the first part (part 21) of the Rascal - the canopy. But it is not any canopy because it is John Rambozo's personal canopy!

John Rambozo´s personal canopy:cool:

If someone wants to have a personal canopy, just send me a pm! As I said - it takes some time! The whole plan will follow soon! For free!

Awesome! :) I was hoping so. Its a great looking plane. I will build one as soon as it is ready to share. Thanks for the personal canopy!