Apache gyro

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
Have to give credit to leadfeather from rcgroups for this design. Trying an idea I have on combining the swappable fuselage and this gyro design. So this is what I've got cut out so far. Tomorrow ill build the swappable fuselage. I'll keep posting as it comes together

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 121

CrashRecovery

Mentor
Well got the body built. Tried to build the rotor and all that...... Epic fail! I will have to look through all 41 pages to see if I can get a better view of his rotor setup. Holding it, there is a lot of weight from the swappable pod. I might just start over and forget the pod.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 82

MrClean

Hey! Weren't you the noob trying to get an F-22 flying last week? Now you rocking it!

Attaboy! Looks pretty cool. If i didn't have that Twin Twirl, I might build one of these as well.

CrashRecovery

Mentor
I gave up on the f22 till I get a real remote that can do what I need to do. I junked the swappable pod and put the bottom back on. Like I said before now to figure out this rotor

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 73

earthsciteach

I'm thinking that you would benefit from a rudder. They rotors will probably cause the fuse to rotate in the opposite direction of blade rotation, even though they aren't driven. I could be wrong, though.

CrashRecovery

Mentor
New rotor is on. I have very little confidence this will work. The plans never gave me a good shot on how they go together. So I winged it. Maybe tomorrow ill be brave enough and take it out and see if it will fly?????

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,018.8 KB · Views: 50

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I'd lock the elevator in place, and enable the rudder. From the looks of the video, he's controlling the climb and descent with thrust, and uses the rudder for steering.

CrashRecovery

Mentor
Ok found new plans and I have found the error in my build. Currently waiting for craft store to open so I can buy some balsa and fix my design. Maybe it will fly when I'm done!?!?!?

CrashRecovery

Mentor
New design is done

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 108
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:

CrashRecovery

Mentor
According to leadfeather the rotor was not designed right, even though I tried to follow his plans but I guess I got it wrong. I guess I try the twin twirl since I can't get a single rotor to work. I have the swappable fuse done.

CrashRecovery

Mentor
Nope and honestly the plans are not that good explaining it either. Maybe his partner can help me out. I decided to trash the idea for now. I had it at the proper angle and everything. Maybe it's not using the exact same stuff. I don't know the rotor spun pretty freely I just don't know.