Apache gyro

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I would have used the same prop technique as the twin twirl, but with just a larger, single rotor.

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
Was thinking that. One problem is no one round here has brass tubes. The others idea I had was to make the body into an osprey style. Since I'm in the fire department for the airforce I can get side designs easy and I can blow the pictures up to match the size. I think that would be really cool looking.

edit....
how cool would this look......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
The Osprey would make an awesome subject. Had them flying overhead all day today.

Where are you located? We have brass tubes in the local Ace Hardware, and also in the bins section of Lowes. Use plastic instead of brass if you have to. It's just a tube to prevent the shaft from wearing through the foam. Brass lasts longer, but considering the first version or two will likely suffer from more impact damage, than long term wear damage... longevity of materials might not be the most important factor. :D

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
I'm in md by the de line. I work at the Delaware air national guard as a fire fighter. Ill look Saturday at lowes or ace. Should I try for the twin rudder or just stick with a single

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
The telescoping antennas on walkie talkies, RC Transmitters, cheap hand held radios etc are usually made of chrome plated brass tubing.

Thurmond

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
You could do the twin rudder, placing the servo between the two, and control both rudders at the same time.